GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TOP or DV+ ?

Gti207

Ready to race!
Which mod would you go with first for more power/drivability?

neither. ;)

I would keep money in back pocket for catback and other mods.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I can tell you that a cat-back exhaust makes a difference in power if you already have a 3" downpipe fitted. Since you have the CTS Turbo DP, I'd seriously look into a catback to complete the exhaust setup.

To answer your actual question between a TOP and a DV+, assuming you already have a Rev D DV as stock, I would most definitely get the TOP. Throttle response is better and you can actually "feel" the difference in your daily driving.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
if the question presented is: "what is the best use of my money" and the options are:

DV+,
TOP,
Catback (after saving),
Tires (after saving).

Then only one of these that offers a "night and day" difference in the feel/performance of a car.

Both the catback and TOP might offer 5hp... might... the DV+ will just give you a little extra boost... The tires will make a massive difference from braking, acceleration, handling and steering response.

Tires...

KMK702

Passed Driver's Ed
Catback doesn't really add any power at all. Don't know why people keep suggesting it.

I'd probably go with top out of the two.

I agree tire are a better mod.

Last edited:

SKorea808

Ready to race!
I can tell you that a cat-back exhaust makes a difference in power if you already have a 3" downpipe fitted. Since you have the CTS Turbo DP, I'd seriously look into a catback to complete the exhaust setup.

To answer your actual question between a TOP and a DV+, assuming you already have a Rev D DV as stock, I would most definitely get the TOP. Throttle response is better and you can actually "feel" the difference in your daily driving.

Oh? Does your "butt" dyno tell you a cat-back gives more horsepowersssss? You're joking, right?

NeoSA, Oh by the way, hows your traction? Do you also complain about 1st and 2nd being useless like 95% of the K04/K04 hybrid users? Mm.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
NeoSA, Oh by the way, hows your traction? Do you also complain about 1st and 2nd being useless like 95% of the K04/K04 hybrid users? Mm.

No, I know how to drive properly. What's your point, mate? Do you understand the concept that you can add modifications to a car that do not necessarily add more power, but instead improve other aspects of the car's performance such as road-holding and responsiveness - which in turn leads to more efficient use of the car's current power, leading to a faster, better driving car?

Sorry, I still cannot take someone seriously who drives a GTi that tries to look like a Subaru. It's like getting sex advice from Barney the Dinosaur.

SKorea808

Ready to race!
No, I know how to drive properly. What's your point, mate? Do you understand the concept that you can add modifications to a car that do not necessarily add more power, but instead improve other aspects of the car's performance such as road-holding and responsiveness - which in turn leads to more efficient use of the car's current power, leading to a faster, better driving car?

Sorry, I still cannot take someone seriously who drives a GTi that tries to look like a Subaru. It's like getting sex advice from Barney the Dinosaur.

Except majority of the enthusiast go with street stuff, and performance suffers, and you're more than likely one of them too.

And Subaru you say? If you say so, thanks for viewing my build thread btw, much outdated ;)

11011842_1007817202586618_4199491237791769883_n.jpg

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Revo gofast stickers.

Looks kak.