GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

rkellis

Ready to race!
So far, I think I'm in.

Sent from a far out galaxy.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Of course I will be there! Gots to show off! Should have the euro mirrors on by that point too :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
Don't have the proper tools to do carbon cleaning , any reputable shop in atlanta or the metro that anyone knows of that I could take it to? Shooting for August sometime. Thank you.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm out this one and going to be in Colorado 2nd weekend of July (unless we push to 7/16). Badly need a ride in the new R for obvious comparison, but may have to wait till August :( Y'all enjoy

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
I'm out this one and going to be in Colorado 2nd weekend of July (unless we push to 7/16). Badly need a ride in the new R for obvious comparison, but may have to wait till August :( Y'all enjoy
I'm in the same boat for July-can't make the 9th... Anybody else vote for a preference between keeping the July meet on the 9th or push to the 16th?

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
I'm in the same boat for July-can't make the 9th... Anybody else vote for a preference between keeping the July meet on the 9th or push to the 16th?

I should be able to make the 9th but the 16th could be tricky. Plan is to close on my Lady's house on the 15th so my 16th is probably going to be tight. [emoji20] like you guys said last year...summer meets are tough to make.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Took my dog to the vet today for her normal checkup and dental cleaning. They said she won't be ready until about 6:15PM, so I probably won't be able to make it tonight.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
I should be able to make the 9th but the 16th could be tricky. Plan is to close on my Lady's house on the 15th so my 16th is probably going to be tight. [emoji20] like you guys said last year...summer meets are tough to make.
But won't you need a break after moving all your stuff in? ;)

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Mk6 stuff for sale....

This will be posted in the classifieds soon, but thought I'd give the locals first crack. Pictures will be coming in the next few days as I get stuff off the car (mostly done already...) ManOfVoice has first shot at the wheels...

$115 - Brand new never installed GFB DV+

$650 - TSW Nurburgring 18x8 wheels, 18x8 ET45, machined face/charcoal gray inserts. VW hubcaps. 2 wheels condition 8/10, 2 wheels 7/10 (curb rash that I think is sandable). 235/40/18 Pilot Super Sport tires are mounted, with about 50% (or more) tread life left.

$20 - Klii Motorwerkes plaid license plate frame

GONE - unpainted front lip (textured black, matches the lower honeycomb pretty well). China knockoff of the original. With mounting screws.

$175 - Modshack intake (black with red trim). Filter freshly cleaned, includes cleaning kit. Almost all the performance, but much quieter than the Carbonio.

$350 - Ed's 1st gen headlights (10 LED), with Morimoto ballasts and (I think) bulbs. No issues other than the typical UV coating peeled off. I should have everything polished up nice and clean and looking new in a couple of days.

$225 - Ed's cherry red LED tails. There is one LED not working on the inner passenger side light, however it is not incredibly noticeable.

$30 - Super-bright reverse LEDs for Euro tails by DeAutoKey - only a couple of months old, and bright as #$#$@

$30 each set - 2 sets newest model 7440 super-bright LED turn signal bulbs by DeAutoKey - for regular/euro tails and 1st gen Ed's lights.

$30 - License plate LED lights by DeAutoKey - maybe 6 months old, newest model (the "normal" bright, not blind yo mama bright)

$125 - auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated display for rear view camera (camera and relay included)

$25 - Aspherical side mirrors

$250 - CarJoying 8" Android head unit (link). Works well, however you need to have time to tweak it. it is merely OK out of the box. But once you have it set up, you can use streaming music, Waze, etc. right from your dash. I had my phone set up to automatically start tethering when the BT connected.

$150 - Under seat drawers (both driver and passenger). You'll need to supply 4 pop rivets.

$100 - Weathertech digital fit floor mats (black, front and rear (no cargo), round retention holes)

$20 - Rear console cupholders (replaces the useless pocket on the back of the console)

That's all I can think of! Downpipe and springs are staying on the car, unless someone wants to do all the labor to swap them out.

Last edited:

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
** GONE **

Also, I ** HAD** smoked side markers with led bulbs. Anyone interested in an even swap for stock orange markers?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LunaticGTI02

I have to get my 40k service done on my car. What are some shops you will recommend. I have previously gone to autobahn on Buford hwy but that's a little far for me. Any good shops on the Cobb area?

minorthreat55

Passed Driver's Ed
Also interested. My warranty is up, a little over 30K on the clock, so I'll be looking for a good Euro mechanic around the Cobb area.

TheMadChemist

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll trade ya my stock markers, and might get that lip from ya