GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any tune sales this summer?

Avdigigeek

Ready to race!
Curious if any vendors are having tune summer sales.
Looks like my wife will be getting a new car instead of me. So stage 2 here I come.
Thanks in advance.

Vroomer

Banned
Nope, not looking like it will happen this summer, they didn't have spring sale on tunes this spring either. I talked to the shop owner that's well connected with APR and he told me the sale was causing logistic problems because so many people would wait for them vs tuning more evenly around the year, so new management wants to avoid it for now.

edit: For some reason I thought you were asking if APR was having a sale, not all vendors. Doh.

Last edited:

TakmaN

Ready to race!
Unitronic might. I got in during their spring sale. Love it!

dead_catz

Ready to race!
they should quit dicken around and just price there tunes reasonably all year round if there worried about the logistics

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
causing logistic problems

Not quite sure how downloading a file from a server and loading it into a car would cause a logistic problem.

Fact of the issue is APR had profitability problems in the past which is why they are owned by someone else. They are trying to maintain profits and get people out of the "sale" mindset.

It is no ones fault but their own. THEY trained their customers to expect the sales and now they are feeling the backlash.

This is also evident in their pursuit to sell more hardware. Charging a $150 fee for going from stage 1 to 2 unless you buy their downpipe.

It is what it is but I highly doubt APR will ever have a sale like they use to.

As far as other companies. I do know the other companies typically have a sale around the 30th of June so there may be some coming up very soon.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ill buy a tune when they offer it with 3 programs for the regular price. 600+ for 1 program is kinda redic.

vracerw

Passed Driver's Ed
Any info on this? Or who will be there to tune?

probably uni as they had a waterfest sale last year and they do the tunes onsite at the show. i got mine done there last year and it only took them about 45 min to complete. :thumbsup:

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
probably uni as they had a waterfest sale last year and they do the tunes onsite at the show. i got mine done there last year and it only took them about 45 min to complete. :thumbsup:

Now that port flashing is out, it will be even quicker. I got to work with Uni at Sowo, definitely pre-register to save even more money. Also no install fee.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
Any info on this? Or who will be there to tune?

APR will be there. They are the "Title Sponsor" of Waterfest.
Last year they had a large air conditioned VIP Lounge for their customers.
Free food, & beverages. Large video screens & video games etc.

I had my car tuned stage 1 & Carbonio intake @ WF17. Stage 2 & DSG tune @ WF20.
Its a nice event.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Nope, not looking like it will happen this summer, they didn't have spring sale on tunes this spring either. I talked to the shop owner that's well connected with APR and he told me the sale was causing logistic problems because so many people would wait for them vs tuning more evenly around the year, so new management wants to avoid it for now.

All I see it doing is causing people to get tuned somewhere else...I'm not sure how that was the right choice.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Ill buy a tune when they offer it with 3 programs for the regular price. 600+ for 1 program is kinda redic.

the only apr dealer near me quoted $888 for stage 2 flash and no options.

I find it hard to believe business has not tanked after their changes.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
the only apr dealer near me quoted $888 for stage 2 flash and no options.

I find it hard to believe business has not tanked after their changes.

Yeah fuck that. I wouldnt even pay 888 for a fully loaded tune. Hell i dont even want to pay 600 hence why i havent done it yet.

Vroomer

Banned

I just wish $600 included being able to switch back to stock, then it wouldn't be that bad imo. I know its become popular to hate on APR lately, but they deserve credit for being the first to get port tuning out for us (which pushed other tuners to do the same), plus they are currently working on a new Stage 1 file as well, which is pretty cool considering other tuners have stopped doing anything new long time ago.