GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I installed mine first week of April last year. Lasted about 8.5 months.

Damn ive had my CTS intake gen 1 for like 2-1/2 years. I only had to replace the filter.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
^Is that no mounting bracket on CTS intake? That's why problems w/ hitting brake fluid reservoir?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
^Is that no mounting bracket on CTS intake? That's why problems w/ hitting brake fluid reservoir?
Correct no bracket back there.
You only have a problem with hitting the reservoir if you dont install it properly.

I first installed it improperly and had it on the reservoir which gave vibration in the pedal.. I reinstalled it and have never had a tap on the reservoir in over 2 years. Probably has a half an inch to 3/4" gap from the reservoir.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

CHerna

Ready to race!
Does look a lot beefier

x2

This change looks good. The support on the side of the bracket look like they will help with the stress from flex. Now I have to go back and look if my pipe is this revision or not.

Thanks for the photos, Z28.:thumbup:

kram

Ready to race!
Bump!

Noticed some clunking again in my clutch pedal...looks like I'm a victim of the broken bracket as well...

Purchased my intake Feb 2016. Contacted I.E. about it last week & they already have a new, updated stage 2 pipe on the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup: From me.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Bump!

Noticed some clunking again in my clutch pedal...looks like I'm a victim of the broken bracket as well...

Purchased my intake Feb 2016. Contacted I.E. about it last week & they already have a new, updated stage 2 pipe on the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup: From me.

Glad they resolved it quickly for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS12

Ready to race!

Wow, I just decided to look at mine since I purchased around the same time and sure enough, it's cracked. I swore it looked fine a week or so ago the last time I was under the hood. Hopefully they'll take care of mine as well.

kram

Ready to race!
Wow, I just decided to look at mine since I purchased around the same time and sure enough, it's cracked. I swore it looked fine a week or so ago the last time I was under the hood. Hopefully they'll take care of mine as well.

I just shot them an email & it took a few days to get a response. I was about to call, but then got a reply. He apologized for the delay & had it ready to ship the same day. They just needed my original order number. They'll take care of you.

JS12

Ready to race!
I just shot them an email & it took a few days to get a response. I was about to call, but then got a reply. He apologized for the delay & had it ready to ship the same day. They just needed my original order number. They'll take care of you.

Happy to report that they already did. I just emailed a picture of the crack to them last night and had an email this morning saying that the replacement should ship out soon.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Well, I joined the broken bracket club this week... I contacted IE on Tuesday night. They got back to me over an hour before they even open the office the next day. The new pipe was packed up, labeled, and picked up by UPS the same day. It should be getting here tomorrow. Customer service like this makes me want to buy more stuff from them.

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
How much does the stage 2 pipe cost to replace? I bought my intake slightly used and it has the older design. Couldnt pass on the deal since our CAD $ took a hard hit.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Anyone running this intake with a unitronic tune ? Any issues ? I also want to position the MAF at 11, any clearance issues ?