GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Front Turn Signal Review

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
This is just going to be a quick little review with some pictures. Unfortunately I do not have my stock bulbs to compare with these new LEDs, I just have my old style deAutoKey LED front turn signals. I already thought the old LEDs were pretty bright and did a good job, but these new ones are significantly brighter and look nicer. The old bulbs had diodes on the sides and top of the bulbs, the new bulbs have the same, but also have a projector lens on the top that spreads the light out more. It also makes it look more OEM when you are looking at it being lit up in the housing. On the old bulb you could see the individual diodes on the front of the bulb being lit up, on the new bulbs it's just a solid light and doesn't look like individual diodes. Looks a lot cleaner and is significantly brighter.

Old Style deAutoKey

Old Style Left New Style Right

New Style Left Old Style Right

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I'll look for this one, as I always felt the old ones were not as bright as I liked them to be.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Also, do these fit directly without any modifications? I know the ones from Bold-Sport, sometimes require a little shaving for the housing to fit perfectly. Thanks.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Also, do these fit directly without any modifications? I know the ones from Bold-Sport, sometimes require a little shaving for the housing to fit perfectly. Thanks.

No modifications needed whatsoever. Twist the old bulb holder take the old one out, put the new one on, and twist back into place.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the amazing review, it looks like starting price will be $39.99.

For the bending/shaving the bulb housing, I am not sure, if thatGTI says you don't then we will trust him, we know that VW uses a slightly different H16 base but ours, with some maneuvering, fits fine so we feel there won't be any need for any type of modding of the base.

They will make a post tomorrow to get the GB started, they feel it should ship out by the end of the month or April 10th by the latest.

Thank you

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I'm in for the GB as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I assume these would be the same for the halogen housing as well

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
but but but i have the old ones already... i want NEW!!! MWAHAHA
Same here. Will probably eBay the old ones. They're still way better than most of the crap on eBay.