GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Screwby25

Ready to race!
Just a small update on my end. Was gunning it (not all the way wot) in M mode, switched from 2nd to 3rd and it's like it sling shotted me forward.. Awesome feeling.. So far i love this update. This is how it should have been... With the old map, a lot of times in D mode, when i went to accelerate, I'd have to be mindful of throttle feathering so that power wouldn't just all come on. Its now much easier to modulate and it doesn't just kick on now, it's more gradual and controllable, and yet still powerful

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!

Also seems odd that it is waiting to enrich the mixture until after full boost is achieved... the timing pull happens almost right as the mixture gets enriched. It's almost like the correction occurs as a result of knock while the lambda is still near 1.0, which is kind of redundant. I would have expected the tune to request enrichment as boost is building rather than after the fact.

This is one of the reasons I like to blend in some ethanol when I can find it, to clean up corrections like this.

Uberryan

Banned
For anyone wanting to try, warm the car up and then throw it in neutral and rev the throttle to the floor. It's no longer the 2step rev bounce noise. This is geared towards DSG owners

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
For anyone wanting to try, warm the car up and then throw it in neutral and rev the throttle to the floor. It's no longer the 2step rev bounce noise. This is geared towards DSG owners

Manuals don't do it either now. I went to rev today completely expecting it to bounce at 4k and it went right past it.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Everyone loves logs. Here's some from ECUx, direct from ram variables at high data rates:

Boost:
- Under map sensor limit
- Request / Actual less than 50 mbar of each other most of the run
- Operates on requested load (proper method)

Wastegate:
- Smooth taper towards redline (not maxing out the full pull & not fixed in calibration [proper method])

Lambda:
- Request and actual right on top of eachother (proper closed loop control)
- Smooth taper
- EGT protection has a smooth taper, rather than fuel dump (stock behavior).

Ignition:
- Smooth increase towards redline
- One small blip of pull on this run from 1 cylinder

Mass airflow:
- Just barely touches turbulent flow (higher gears limited to avoid compressor surge)
- Smooth increase towards redline
- Sensor not jacking readings high

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Ouch, that's quite a bit of timing retard. Have you sent this log to APR?

negative, but this is on the old file. I don't think i'm going to bother since I intend to update it to the new stage 2 file, that and i've been told from an independent tuner that he doesn't see anything alarming from my logs just seems like a weak tune. I'm starting to really believe my reflash from stage 1 to stage 2 went wrong or didn't ever happen given the symptoms which would explain the stage 1 numbers

Also seems odd that it is waiting to enrich the mixture until after full boost is achieved... the timing pull happens almost right as the mixture gets enriched. It's almost like the correction occurs as a result of knock while the lambda is still near 1.0, which is kind of redundant. I would have expected the tune to request enrichment as boost is building rather than after the fact.

This is one of the reasons I like to blend in some ethanol when I can find it, to clean up corrections like this.

:iono:

Last edited:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
This may have been answered, but is there any reason to update from v 2.0 to 2.1 if one has a 6mt?

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm dsg (untuned), stage 1+ v2.0 with issues. AQ box code

I see, thanks. I'll be curious to hear if the 2.1 helps you out assuming you get it. I think I'm on v1.0 (all I know is an update came out a few months after i got it like 5 years ago) and my DSG is untuned. In traffic my DSG is already crappy, I don't want to add any more peculiarities.

I am excited to see what a difference the new tune makes assuming issues are for the most part resolved.