GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad track day: Need advice on brake caliper upgrade

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
No bbk for me just yet. I'll toy around with the gti this weekend to see how best to get the air in there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Since the original poster hasn't confirmed one way or another yet, I might as well add my two cents in. Please do yourself a favor. Change the freaking brake fluid already. Try ATE or Motul as other posters have mentioned.

Or, if money's no object and you're he'll bent on getting a BBK, get it. But you'll find after tracking them once that you'll need to change the fluid to the above anyway...

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
Since the original poster hasn't confirmed one way or another yet, I might as well add my two cents in. Please do yourself a favor. Change the freaking brake fluid already. Try ATE or Motul as other posters have mentioned.

Or, if money's no object and you're he'll bent on getting a BBK, get it. But you'll find after tracking them once that you'll need to change the fluid to the above anyway...

This.

Your fluid will boil and your brakes will fade before you even need to cool it down.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Just a wild guess, but that sure looks like the nozzle from a shop vac.
Ha! So it does, which would make sense since he's using shop vac hose for the ducting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

schulmann

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally I had my dream track day with my GTI

After having spent many hours fixing the air flow around the front brakes, i managed to beat the hell of my GTI ! What a breath taking lapping night, I had ! Sticking into the Caymans !

Under the front bumper extensively modified things so i can get enough air behind the front wheels for 15min. After 15min the brakes start to over heat.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Castrol SRF brake fluid FTW. Expensive.. but goddamn, so good.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!