GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for 2011 GTI?

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
Need to get new tires for the first time on my car, just wondering what recommendations people have.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Summer or all seasons?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Depends on what you need them for...and how you drive. If your a regular commuter just get regular all season touring tires. IF you like to drive hard and push your car get sticky summer tires. Way to many variables..everyone will have a different answer for you.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
where do you drive? for track? using your tires all year round? What do you have on there now? What do you like don't like? What's your budget?

everyone has their criteria and w/o details you're not going to get to far. Read the threads, go on tirerack, narrow your choices to three....then ask for opinions

You may get a better response that way.

GL

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
if you dont buy Michelin pilot super sports your car will immediately slide off the road and explode. Do the right thing.

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
I drive year round but there's not snow where I live. I currently have the OEM Pirelli tires. I want a tire without lots of noise and that can handle potholes, and that won't wear down quickly. Right now I've narrowed it down to:

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated)
Kumho Ecsta 4X II

Anyone have either of these on their cars and what do you think of them? I've read good reviews of each type.

motley

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 225/45R17 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. The ride is very comfortable, the noise is low. The grip in wet and dry conditions is perfect. I only dislike their chunky look. 18" look fine though.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I drive year round but there's not snow where I live. I currently have the OEM Pirelli tires. I want a tire without lots of noise and that can handle potholes, and that won't wear down quickly. Right now I've narrowed it down to:

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated)
Kumho Ecsta 4X II

Anyone have either of these on their cars and what do you think of them? I've read good reviews of each type.

Get Continental DW tires, better than the other two you speak of & last longer than the PSS, which is the best tire in summer so far in dry.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Get Continental DW tires, better than the other two you speak of & last longer than the PSS, which is the best tire in summer so far in dry.

Really good advice here.

Ive driven on DW's and they are fantastic in both the wet and dry. Higher sidewalls but way more comfortable than S-04s or PSS.

Definitely better than the tires youre looking at

Jared32

Ready to race!
Have you considered nitto neogens? There's a lot of people that really like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk