GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for 2011 GTI?

Jared32

Ready to race!
What do people like about them and how do they compare with continentals?

No one ever has any comparisons really but they all act like it's a decent tire for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuzzbutt

Ready to race!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I want all season tires though - would those Dunlops work as well in rain as all season tires?

Summer tires will perform better in the rain than an all season. If you don't ever drive in snow you don't need an all season, but that doesn't mean you can't go with all seasons either.

fuzzbutt

Ready to race!
I want all season tires though - would those Dunlops work as well in rain as all season tires?

well if it doesn't snow where you live or drop below 40F I don't see the point of all seasons. With summer tires you get more grip on dry roads compared to all seasons. Summer tires are meant for wet weather so you'll be fine. Also take into account how often it rains where you live.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
What do you all think of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s?

I have like 200 miles on my set. I love them so far. They're sticky, but kinda noisy at highway speeds. If you want quiet and long lasting, these are NOT the tire you want.

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
So for quiet and long lasting - what are other summer tire options in addition to the Dunlops and Continentals mentioned already? I'd rather not spend more than about $120 per tire.