GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno results Stage 2 Gti Mk6 DSG

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
I think he's saying heartbreaker in the sense of vs other dynos of the same type, rather than a MD heartbreaker

Pretty much. We have several tuners that will travel to our shop to tune on our Dyno because the output figures are more dialed in vs dynos that are setup to output higher numbers.

Heck, the fastest 1/4 mile N/A mk3 VR6 (it's probably been beaten by now) was tuned on our dyno. The same guy used to tune a lot of VR6s on our dyno since the results weren't outrageous.

For comparison on a dynocom (really similar to a MD Heartbreaker) I got 246whp and 282 ftlb on uni stage 2

In ground or above? Roller wheel size? Model number?

We have an older Dynojet 248c in ground dyno for reference since I neglected to mention it before.

Also, I hate to be that guy (I honestly don't post in these forums to start anything, in fact I almost never post because prefer being the nice guy in the corner that just lurks around) but that's a completely different tune so it's hard to use those figures as a direct comparison here.

FriggenT1

Banned
Pretty much. We have several tuners that will travel to our shop to tune on our Dyno because the output figures are more dialed in vs dynos that are setup to output higher numbers.

Heck, the fastest 1/4 mile N/A mk3 VR6 (it's probably been beaten by now) was tuned on our dyno. The same guy used to tune a lot of VR6s on our dyno since the results weren't outrageous.

In ground or above? Roller wheel size? Model number?

We have an older Dynojet 248c in ground dyno for reference since I neglected to mention it before.

Also, I hate to be that guy (I honestly don't post in these forums to start anything, in fact I almost never post because prefer being the nice guy in the corner that just lurks around) but that's a completely different tune so it's hard to use those figures as a direct comparison here.

I got my UM k04 from you guys....I'd like to dyno that friggen thing, but not enough money.

Oh btw, I have a cts kit that the silicone TOP is partially torn up. Idk if it's causing a boost leak, but in 4th I spike 25, but if I am running WOT through the gears, it only spikes 20-21...any idea why? Boost leak?

Can you guys get that silicone part with the DV bung for cheaper than cts' 150.00 ridiculous price?

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious how you do dyno runs with the DSG?

What gear is used? 4th? How do you get it to not auto up shift when you pull to redline for the dyno run?

I have never dyno'd my GTI, have MANY dyno sessions on my past cars, but never tried on my current car.

Just curious how you dyno a DSG equipped GTi.

Jeff

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

What gear is used? 4th? How do you get it to not auto up shift when you pull to redline for the dyno run?

I have never dyno'd my GTI, have MANY dyno sessions on my past cars, but never tried on my current car.

Jeff

I got my DSG dyno’d just fine. There’s manual mode and sport mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!

Jeff

There are a few ways to do it. We will typically just dyno the car without hitting the throttle kick-down. You can also hold the shifter/paddle to keep the car in the gear you want to dyno it in.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
My apologies, I should clarify, we haven't had anyone else dyno a stock turbo gen 1 TSI that can hit the numbers that I put down.

We've had a handful hit 243 HP and 305 FT-LBS at the wheels, but the average result for a gen 1 TSI APR stage 2 2.0T vehicle on our dyno is 240 HP and 300 FT-LBS at the wheels.

When APR was using our dyno, the results were about 7-8% lower than other dynos used.

Since we have an all new dynojet hardware stack, computer and software, I had to go dig up our good old trusty Windows XP laptop (it had a good run from 2004-2017) that we used to use to run our dyno. I pulled the top three WHP Gen 1 TSI runs and graphed them. One is a Mk6 GTI, and the other is a Mk6 GLI. I'm not sure what was going on with the torque pickup on the GTI run, but that's the highest that it put down. The GLI run is a lot better.

What vehicles match which color traces? Tough to tell exactly. Also, if you have the ECU box code for the GTI with the crap torque pickup, I'd be very interested, because that looks like the boost onset fluctuations and underboost conditions that I experience frequently with my GTI.

FriggenT1

Banned
What vehicles match which color traces? Tough to tell exactly. Also, if you have the ECU box code for the GTI with the crap torque pickup, I'd be very interested, because that looks like the boost onset fluctuations and underboost conditions that I experience frequently with my GTI.

More friggen APR stage 2 boost issues :thumbdown:

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
I got my UM k04 from you guys....I'd like to dyno that friggen thing, but not enough money.

Oh btw, I have a cts kit that the silicone TOP is partially torn up. Idk if it's causing a boost leak, but in 4th I spike 25, but if I am running WOT through the gears, it only spikes 20-21...any idea why? Boost leak?

Can you guys get that silicone part with the DV bung for cheaper than cts' 150.00 ridiculous price?

My bad, I completely forgot to reply to your comment earlier.

It is entirely possible that the tear is causing a boost leak. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen that silicone coupler do that.

I'll see if we can't get you that silicone part with the DV bung for any cheaper.

The blue/dark blue lines are from my CC, the red/maroon lines are from the GTI, and the green/dark green lines are from the GLI.

I might not get a chance to post it until tomorrow, but I should be able to find the box code on that ECU. I'm just a bit backed up thanks to all of the Black Friday promos that I'm working on for y'all.

FriggenT1

Banned
My bad, I completely forgot to reply to your comment earlier.

It is entirely possible that the tear is causing a boost leak. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen that silicone coupler do that.

I'll see if we can't get you that silicone part with the DV bung for any cheaper.

The blue/dark blue lines are from my CC, the red/maroon lines are from the GTI, and the green/dark green lines are from the GLI.

I might not get a chance to post it until tomorrow, but I should be able to find the box code on that ECU. I'm just a bit backed up thanks to all of the Black Friday promos that I'm working on for y'all.

Thanks charles....NGP....gopd guys to deal with :clap:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
More friggen APR stage 2 boost issues :thumbdown:

Their wastegate PID tuning is total garbage, among other things. This Stratified Tuning sale may push me over the edge to ditch APR.

FriggenT1

Banned
Their wastegate PID tuning is total garbage, among other things. This Stratified Tuning sale may push me over the edge to ditch APR.

The WG on most of these cars have issues, as most of the tuners, save for Alex @ stratified, still don't get that you cannot push a mechanical part too far beyond it's threshold without having issues. 20 some psi on any decent sized aftermarket IC is asking too much of a 4 psi spring (on the stock ihi). Iirc uni's tune on k04 peaks at 22 psi or so. At least they know where to hold off.

brobst

Go Kart Champion

If you just do a 4th pull its putting out more pressure to get to the max.
But if you are wot rowing, you go into each gear at a higher rpm so i think you would be past the 25psi mark

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
If you just do a 4th pull its putting out more pressure to get to the max.
But if you are wot rowing, you go into each gear at a higher rpm so i think you would be past the 25psi mark

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Idk, I'm pretty sure that coupler is leaking a little