GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Oh lawdy, lawd. Very nice.

My next build will be something awesome with an i7, liquid cooling, multiple graphics crads, etc... but for now I've only built one PC and it's been serving me well for CS:GO. It's just an i5 with a GTX1060, 8gb RAM, 1tb HDD, and 120gb SSD.

I gotta say at first I was like how am I going to build this thing.... but once you get into it, it's actually really fun and somewhat relaxing. I started building super late, must have been around 1 am and by 3:30 or so (with the help of YouTube) I was closing up my case and booting it up. Running all the cables was by far the biggest headache. I didn't use a modular power supply and I have a budget Corsair case so the cable management wasn't the best.

The feeling of turning it on and having it all work out is very rewarding though, I would definitely stay away from buying pre-built PC's.

I haven't built a PC in a very long time. In our current house, really don't have room for a desk lol.. Why I ended up giving up on the race sim rig, as we needed the space and it was time to let go (for now). When I WFH, usually from couch downstairs or upstairs.

Jaber

Modero
When BF3 came out way back when, that shit was unreal on PC

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I haven't built a PC in a very long time. In our current house, really don't have room for a desk lol.. Why I ended up giving up on the race sim rig, as we needed the space and it was time to let go (for now). When I WFH, usually from couch downstairs or upstairs.

My girl wants to move to a place with an extra room so we can build a badass racing sim/game room.

I'm with it.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

Jesus yes. This map on a 24/7 server would consume HOURS of my life. Now I play BF1 on ps4 for hours at a time. About to get on actually now that I've got my workout in

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
OMG that pic lol memories of BF Modern Combat....I think that was before BF3.

Jaber

Modero
My girl wants to move to a place with an extra room so we can build a badass racing sim/game room.

I'm with it.

When we got married, we turned the 2nd bedroom in our apartment into gaming room. We each had our PC/Desk on one corner and would multiplayer it up. Left For Dead was our favorite to play with friends, after some CS.

But yeah... our next house, my wants are 3 car garage and my own room for games (desk for pc/work and race sim rig).

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
When we got married, we turned the 2nd bedroom in our apartment into gaming room. We each had our PC/Desk on one corner and would multiplayer it up. Left For Dead was our favorite to play with friends, after some CS.

But yeah... our next house, my wants are 3 car garage and my own room for games (desk for pc/work and race sim rig).

Told the gf if we get married she can design the whole damn house as long as I have a space for a grill and get to design the garage. Need a lift and fully matching tool set because OCD

champyg

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh lawdy, lawd. Very nice.

My next build will be something awesome with an i7, liquid cooling, multiple graphics crads, etc... but for now I've only built one PC and it's been serving me well for CS:GO. It's just an i5 with a GTX1060, 8gb RAM, 1tb HDD, and 120gb SSD.

To be honest, you don't need a crazy rig to run new games anymore. I used to upgrade something at least annually on mine. But I've been running the same rig for almost like 4 years now, minus a 970 that I got 1-2 years ago. Can still max out most games at my oddball 1200p resolution.

I gotta say at first I was like how am I going to build this thing.... but once you get into it, it's actually really fun and somewhat relaxing. I started building super late, must have been around 1 am and by 3:30 or so (with the help of YouTube) I was closing up my case and booting it up. Running all the cables was by far the biggest headache. I didn't use a modular power supply and I have a budget Corsair case so the cable management wasn't the best.

The feeling of turning it on and having it all work out is very rewarding though, I would definitely stay away from buying pre-built PC's..

I try hard to keep my cables clean. It's amazing how much nicer a new case is for cable management. Back in the day, you had to cut all the pass through holes yourself. And most cases didn't have room behind the motherboard tray to tuck wires anyway. Here's my current setup. Don't mind the crappy old cell phone pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.