Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I legit just tried to ban you.

:wub:

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
They took it easy on the launch because they are on their third transmission. Owner of the car is on one of the facebook pages. Says its at 640 whp right now. Sounds like they are trying to track down a dsg out of one of the audi RS cars. I think he also said this car is his daily...

That's insane. With a good launch that car will have no problem cutting a mid to high 9....as a daily lol

I think the MK6 dudes do the same. Once the power gets real high they start looking for DSG's. It's known that these manuals aren't all that great for high HP.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Jay, having the pleasure of driving John’s K04 GTI, and the fun driving a supercharged RSX sipping on E85 (slightly faster than the K04 GTI) there is no way I can settle for less - the IS38 is definitely one of the items on my list to do to my new MK7.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Jay, having the pleasure of driving John’s K04 GTI, and the fun driving a supercharged RSX sipping on E85 (slightly faster than the K04 GTI) there is no way I can settle for less - the IS38 is definitely one of the items on my list to do to my new MK7.

Here you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Hell yeah, we have to plan a cruise some time!

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
If you are going through the trouble of changing turbos, you might as well go with something bigger than OEM.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat16: Champy Makes Teh Forum Great Again - Townspeople Rejoice

If you are going through the trouble of changing turbos, you might as well go with something bigger than OEM.

A bigger than is38 turbo requires about $4-5k in supporting mods and hardware. An is38 is $1k and is an easy swap. It's a great upgrade for the MK7 gti. Just like the k04 was for the MK6.

So $1000 for 150hp gain or $5000 for 250hp gain.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
A bigger than is38 turbo requires about $4-5k in supporting mods and hardware. An is38 is $1k and is an easy swap. It's a great upgrade for the MK7 gti. Just like the k04 was for the MK6.

So $1000 for 150hp gain or $5000 for 250hp gain.

Dem ratios is hard math

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to start getting real paychecks this summer and finally be able to buy a K04

Status
Not open for further replies.