GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I heard if you drive your car to the southside and leave the keys in it, a mechanic will come and take it. Then few weeks later, you get a check.

I dont go to the city very often but i do know once you get past Harlem avenue its supposedly really bad.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Dang Ptak, you Porsche is like my FD.

I diagnosed all the things I got to fix from the prior owner on the CTS-V. Rear diff half shaft was leaking and low on fluid. I flushed it and put Amsoil SVG 75w90z. Probably will need to warranty the diff at some point. Both rear shocks are leaking and blown.

But, she has been more modded more than I thought. Full Ligenfelter exhaust AND underdrive pullies AND tune. Good for 525 or so to the wheels. Now I know why she spins the 345s our back so easy.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
goddamnit craig

this

^ you've never seen craig.

Yeah you warned me. That's how I learn I guess lol. Adapters for me next spring

Didn't wanna put those Shitty things back on, so winter wheels are on. No grip gang for sure.

Wow yeah #hulksmash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah you warned me. That's how I learn I guess lol. Adapters for me next spring

Didn't wanna put those Shitty things back on, so winter wheels are on. No grip gang for sure.

Wow yeah #hulksmash

im not saying this to be mean, but maybe sell gti and buy golf alltrack?

seems more your style :iono:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Damn you can't catch a break with that thing. I'm doing the same, keeping the car together for a few more weeks to hopefully get another nice cruise in(maybe kettle moraine) but I'm done for the season unfortunately. The car needs too much right now to track it before putting some serious TLC in over the winter.

Brakes need a complete re build
Suspension getting replaced
Every bushing in the rear end getting replaced

Sounds like a nice little sunday.

LOL that's a hell of a Sunday.

So far my "un-fucking-up-the-car" list is:
- Rebuild all 4 brake calipers (pistons, seals, boots)
- Send all 4 shocks off to Bilstein for rebuild
- Install new front subframe
- Install at least one new spindle (driver's rear)
- Install new rubber brake lines all 4 corners
- Inspect all monoball joints for wear
- Inspect (possibly replace depending on what I find) rear subframe(s)
- Install new wheel bearings
- Inspect clutch for wear (it slips occasionally....)
- Flush clutch fluid
- Fix shifter vagueness (likely mis-installed or a missing bracket)
- Fix power steering cooler leaks
- Fix aux trans cooler leaks
- Install all missing interior trim spring clips
- Install remaining missing rear bulkhead interior trim piece
- Realignment and corner balance
- Fix remaining gateway coding issues I haven't already sorted
- Fix error message complaining of missing CHMSL
- Fix headlight coding errors (likely ditching the HID's for Halogens... backwards I know)

Necessary upgrades required before next season:
- Upgrade DSC Sport PASM controller w/new firmware
- Install DSC Sport standalone accelerometer
- Install PSM kill switch
- Trans fluid flush

Unnecessary "nice to have" upgrades for next season:
- Install COBB tune
- Install Fabspeed race headers w/O2 spacers
- Hardwire V1
- Debating installing GT4 rear brake ducts vs. my current hacked setup

Possible "un-fucking-up" list:
- Trans rebuild (grinds sometimes going into 3rd, *might* be a shift linkage issue)
- Diff rebuild (bangs/clunks - won't know for sure until I fix all the suspension)

Just a short little winter list for a "new" build, right?

Lol, I heard if you put “agreed value” track insurance on it and then put it in a wall at Road America all your problems go away.

Hahah I hurt myself enough falling off of motorcycles unintentionally. I feel it every morning when I wake up, to this day, as I generally can't move my left shoulder for the first few minutes. I'd rather not intentionally hurt myself again.

I heard if you drive your car to the southside and leave the keys in it, a mechanic will come and take it. Then few weeks later, you get a check.

LOL Huntley not much better

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
im not saying this to be mean, but maybe sell gti and buy golf alltrack?

seems more your style :iono:

Nope. Gti is going race car next spring and I'll be getting a daily golf to lift and daily as that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Son of a

Found a local guy on the forums selling a set of Fabspeed race headers, used, for $1200 shipped.

Nowhere near ready but I'll be damned if I didn't accidentally PM him an offer of $1k and I'll pick them up.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Son of a

Found a local guy on the forums selling a set of Fabspeed race headers, used, for $1200 shipped.

Nowhere near ready but I'll be damned if I didn't accidentally PM him an offer of $1k and I'll pick them up.

Literally the way I buy all my car parts.

Me: Wow, that's a great deal...too bad I'm broke.

*10 mins later*

Me: That was a good purchase. I mean I was going to buy it at some point anyways...might as well save some cash. *happiness and doubt intensifies*

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Son of a

And that’s how you end up with a $40k GTI.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Hello Frank^

Best money youve spent in past few years was on the vette iirc :thumbsup:

Sup dude, how you been? My GF bought a PS4 sooooo perhaps we can play GT one day.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sup dude, how you been? My GF bought a PS4 sooooo perhaps we can play GT one day.

same old same old, the new gran turismo drops any day now. not sure im gonna pick it up though..its like a prologue of the full version thatll eventually come out.

im down with that assetto corsa and f1 2016 right now though

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
same old same old, the new gran turismo drops any day now. not sure im gonna pick it up though..its like a prologue of the full version thatll eventually come out.

im down with that assetto corsa and f1 2016 right now though

I play assetto on PC, haven't run it in a while since Forza7 just came out and I was playing that.

The new GT looks like its supposed to be good though. They say they're going to make it more like a simulator than an arcade game, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Have you played the new Project Cars?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.