GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Formula 1, US Grand Prix FP1 is on now on nbc sports.

Oh snaps. Love me some burritos, but hard to find a place that makes good burritos.

i make my own burritos and freeze them. much cheaper, quality ingredients. just takes some time assembling them. At a cost of $1.60 per burrito (made 10 huge burritos) , you cant beat it. Burritos freeze very well. As do breakfast sandwiches.

-Teh Boosted Burridoe-
*Spicy blackened chicken
*Cilantro
*Tomatos
*Roasted onions and red peppers
*Spanish Rice
*Refried Beans
*Chihuahua cheese
*Jalapenos (nutribullet into paste)

Change in plans , the boss wanted Chinese and it was his turn to buy, so Chinese it is today
oh dang.

you strike me as a orange chicken kind of guy amirite?

I prefer tacos to burritos. The shell/filling ratio is way off on burritos. Tacos is just right. Rather eat 3-4 tacos any day of the week than a burrito.

Usually agree^, but for convenience homemade frozen burritos beats buying hot cheetos out of our vending machine for lunch.

A good pork taco drenched in hot sauce all day brotha.

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I prefer tacos to burritos. The shell/filling ratio is way off on burritos. Tacos is just right. Rather eat 3-4 tacos any day of the week than a burrito.

I ususally get tacos as well. I get mine with cilantro and onion so there is a taste difference from burritos. I do crave a good burrito every now and then though, just don't put any rice in it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I ususally get tacos as well. I get mine with cilantro and onion so there is a taste difference from burritos. I do crave a good burrito every now and then though, just don't put any rice in it.

Chimichanga Suizo w/chorizo = ayyyyy dios mio

Jaber

Modero
Not bad. On the trip back to Chicago from Seattle, both my MkIV 1.8T GTI 5sp and my B7 A4 w/2.0T and 6sp averaged ~34mpg. (I flew a friend + my dad out to help with driving 2 cars back). Was super impressed. This was also in January where it was super cold.

Driving through a snowstorm in Wyoming was one of the scariest, most white-knuckled things I've ever done.

Does anyone else find it as surprising as I do how filling 3-4 steak tacos are? And I mean the real kind... onions, cilantro, maybe some sour cream, and a corn tortilla?

Also... that Chinese is back in the form of intense drowsiness. Pulling down the free (bad tasting) coffee to wake up.

Wouldn't take it any other way.

Formula 1, US Grand Prix FP1 is on now on nbc sports.

i make my own burritos and freeze them. much cheaper, quality ingredients. just takes some time assembling them. At a cost of $1.60 per burrito (made 10 huge burritos) , you cant beat it. Burritos freeze very well. As do breakfast sandwiches.

-Teh Boosted Burridoe-
*Spicy blackened chicken
*Cilantro
*Tomatos
*Roasted onions and red peppers
*Spanish Rice
*Refried Beans
*Chihuahua cheese
*Jalapenos (nutribullet into paste)

Looks good, what do you use to season the chicken?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Once we move out there, going to have to hit you up for good mexican restaurants. Going to miss the one EJ mentioned earlier.

Couple taco joints, none of them bad tho people have their favorites.... nice thing is, one is walking distance.

Otherwise - Carlos's. Just opened a place in Crystal Lake, closer than his original location in Burton's Bridge.

Killer food. When we go, I'm usually the only gringo in the joint. Sharon says the food is just like mom's. Really good mole.

When you come out here, we will go.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Wouldn't take it any other way.
Looks good, what do you use to season the chicken?

taco seasoning ( convenient ), crap load of paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, tapatio, cholula, kicken chicken, pepper.

highest heat you can do. all about dat crust.

The thing with frozen food is that you have to add more salt/flavor as itll lose alittle bit when freezing. still healthier than those crappy frozen burritos at store...even fresher than amys burritos and about twice the size for half the price.

Ill be first to admit sometimes i like "taco bell" style tacos at home. Ground beef with shredded american cheese and crunchy shells.

Once we move out there, going to have to hit you up for good mexican restaurants. Going to miss the one EJ mentioned earlier.

dang you gonna be local to me too. ill show you around woodmans. i gotchu fam.

Jaber

Modero
Killer food. When we go, I'm usually the only gringo in the joint. Sharon says the food is just like mom's. Really good mole.

Dat gringo. Watching Blood In, Blood Out. Nothing like a gringo saying "Vato locos 4 lyfe ese" :laugh:

taco seasoning ( convenient ), crap load of paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, tapatio, cholula, kicken chicken, pepper.

highest heat you can do. all about dat crust.

The thing with frozen food is that you have to add more salt/flavor as itll lose alittle bit when freezing. still healthier than those crappy frozen burritos at store...even fresher than amys burritos and about twice the size for half the price.

Ill be first to admit sometimes i like "taco bell" style tacos at home. Ground beef with shredded american cheese and crunchy shells.

dang you gonna be local to me too. ill show you around woodmans. i gotchu fam.

"Down this isle, we sell cheese and cheese accessories. We got cheese, for your cheese".

Jaber

Modero
Oh Dang , Jaber moving the familia to Huntley area :iono:

We've been wanting to move to a single family home for a couple years now. We were close a while ago, but things didn't end up working out. Think we're ready now and the time is right. So after the holidays, we'll be listing our townhome.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

I make those a lot at home too , not American cheese though :iono: - I get the Jewel brand 4 cheese Mexican blend. some shredded lettuce and ground beef with taco bell seasoning. simple yet delicious

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
We've been wanting to move to a single family home for a couple years now. We were close a while ago, but things didn't end up working out. Think we're ready now and the time is right. So after the holidays, we'll be listing our townhome.

hows that commute going to be?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Also... that Chinese is back in the form of intense drowsiness. Pulling down the free (bad tasting) coffee to wake up.

^ same here - don't like coffee though, I'll have a Mt. Dew

Jaber

Modero
hows that commute going to be?

Better than my current, based on few trips out there and checking google maps around the time I leave work and go home. Golf Rd is a shit show, more so heading into Woodfield area. Distance is a bit more, but will be highway, versus stop and go traffic. My office is 2 minutes from I90 Roselle ramp. Wife works in Arlington Heights, 3x a week. So won't be too bad for her either.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Better than my current, based on few trips out there and checking google maps around the time I leave work and go home. Golf Rd is a shit show, more so heading into Woodfield area. Distance is a bit more, but will be highway, versus stop and go traffic. My office is 2 minutes from I90 Roselle ramp. Wife works in Arlington Heights, 3x a week. So won't be too bad for her either.

Did your wife ever apply at my company. They are hiring nurses all the time. all work at home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.