GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I guess it depends on what kind of work you will be doing. Both options have their advantages though.

I hate working on shit using other people's tools and toolboxes. I love my lift and can't imagine NOT having it at my disposal anymore but my hatred for rummaging through someone else's tools looking for a 10mm outweighs the convenience of the lift IMO.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I hate working on shit using other people's tools and toolboxes. I love my lift and can't imagine NOT having it at my disposal anymore but my hatred for rummaging through someone else's tools looking for a 10mm outweighs the convenience of the lift IMO.

I usually agree. It's the guy I'm always doing side work with though. I have a large investment into the tools at his place as well. He's basically my bff so I don't mind as much.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Car is being DD'd and with the new tensioner I feel soooooo much better about driving it. Lifted status is fun. I hate winter tires, I want it to be warm again yeah. Saving pennies for new racing seat and harness bar for next year. And prolly engine mounts, intercooler, and a WALK kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Losing your car lift and space sucks a lot. Quotes to build a new garage with 800 sq/ft sucks AN AWFUL LOT. My car is at the dealer waiting for them and the warranty company to come to an agreement on replacing the diff and driveshaft. :(. American Cars with big Horsepowers problems :(

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Losing your car lift and space sucks a lot. Quotes to build a new garage with 800 sq/ft sucks AN AWFUL LOT. My car is at the dealer waiting for them and the warranty company to come to an agreement on replacing the diff and driveshaft. :(. American Cars with big Horsepowers problems :(

Wait - you gave up your lift? Doesn't fit in the new garage????

Time to sell the house.

Lifts are awesome, can't wait to have one in my own garage some day. People do get spoiled though and forget about working on jack stands etc. Anyone ever done a front sway bar install on a vw on the ground? Don't talk to me about how lifts are essentials until you've done that lmao. Never again.

Working on jackstands sucks... don't get me wrong.... sucks bigtime.

But few things cause me to lose my temper more quickly than not finding the tool I need.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
The new house does not allow for use of the lift, that is why I’m trying to build a detached garage. But, woo boy politics and Chicago costs are making this WAY more costly then it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.