GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Yea, it's coming off once I get the xpel put on the hood. It's a "special edition" sticker with all the fancy stuff the Recon has actually written in the black part.

I am more of a fan of the older one

Last couple years they have been putting this one:

I think I like the old school one the best though

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
So today I finally put my battery buffer to work. First time and I think it came out pretty good.

Did Orange pad with M105, Blue pad with M205 and then Black pad with the Meguires Ultimate. I wasn't entirely happy so I did the whole process all over again and I was much happier. I probably should had done the M105 twice from the get go.

I think for a 20 year old car with 170K miles, it looks pretty damn good now. Only bad thing is now you see all the rock chips in the hood :laugh:

The lines in the paint are actually reflection of the corrugated metal roof.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
So I had a bunch of custom built-in shelves and stuff built around the fireplace. Guy buried PVC pipe in the wall to enable me to fish HDMI and optical cables through.

I noticed before he closed up the wall that he used really tight 90* bends in the PVC, vs the bigger, more sweeping bends.

I commented, "You're gonna be able to stuff 4 HDMIs through that?"

Yep no problem!

"You don't think that bend is going to be too tight?"

Nah it'll be fine. We have a wire fish tool.

"Ooooookay!"

So I'm home today for their final day of construction. They've been fighting to get the wire fish through the PVC bend for the last HOUR and still haven't gotten it.

well did the guys get it fished thru? suspense.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't have time for lunch today , just had some chips from the vending machine.

I was raised catholic, but as an adult I don't practice any organized religion. So, I will be grilling pork chops for dinner or maybe steaks if the butcher has some nice ones.
not bad yeah, i love bacon wrapped pork chops.

also i love deli subs, should probably stop eating them though. put on enough weight through winter.
I had CFA for lunch.
lemonade is so good
If I was going to not eat meat on Fridays - Pepper and Egg Sandwich > Fish Sandwich
fish tacos ftw
O wow. Roy is like every person that buys a Jeep. Confirmed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont care for jeeps anymore, they feel too fiat chrysler to me now..best way i can explain it.

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok... I need some help/direction. There are so many damn downpipes on the market...some can mate to any cat back, others only mate to the same brand? And still others need adapters to mate to the stock, and even more some are 2.5”?

Is there a resource around here that complies these differences? I just want a 3” catless DP (that’s not $800) that can mate to any catback later on.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Ok... I need some help/direction. There are so many damn downpipes on the market...some can mate to any cat back, others only mate to the same brand? And still others need adapters to mate to the stock, and even more some are 2.5”?

Is there a resource around here that complies these differences? I just want a 3” catless DP (that’s not $800) that can mate to any catback later on.

cheapest option thatll work with stock catback is the catless godspeed downpipe. (ebay)

its a thinner construction so youll get some drone but if you looking cheap af its the direction most go on a low end budget.

You should have no problem finding a local downpipe for way less than $800 though...more like $200-$350 for one with a 200 cell.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
cheapest option thatll work with stock catback is the catless godspeed downpipe. (ebay)

its a thinner construction so youll get some drone but if you looking cheap af its the direction most go on a low end budget.

I guess budget would have been a good thing to note. I’m firmly in the mid-grade area. You get what you pay for, but I also don’t want to pay for the name on an exhaust. If I were going catted, I’d pony up, but otherwise, I just want to have faith that it won’t fall apart.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I guess budget would have been a good thing to note. I’m firmly in the mid-grade area. You get what you pay for, but I also don’t want to pay for the name on an exhaust. If I were going catted, I’d pony up, but otherwise, I just want to have faith that it won’t fall apart.

Godspeed catless is what I’ve run for 3 nearly 4 years now. Good quality pipe I paid $180 shipped for....

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
can pick up a used catted one for cheap honestly, its when you start looking at the big brand names that have resonator on downpipe when it gets pricey.

imo, ive heard a lot of issues with cts fitment.
Godspeed catless is what I’ve run for 3 nearly 4 years now. Good quality pipe I paid $180 shipped for....
I knew someone here was running one
What track days have everyone signed up for so far?
Gingerman

Also will be doing Grattan and NCM in 2018.

Then obviously local tracks blackhawk farms and autobahn country club.

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
can pick up a used catted one for cheap honestly, its when you start looking at the big brand names that have resonator on downpipe when it gets pricey.

imo, ive heard a lot of issues with cts fitment.

Ugh. I was just looking at CTS, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.