GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing Cool New Eonon Android 6.0 Volkswagen Navigation GA7153 for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0B.75

I have just ordered the GA7153 for my SEAT Altea. I know it's not a VW Golf, but close enough..:D My current head unit's motherboard is failing (keeps rebooting) so hopefully this android unit will do the job.

I know there are plenty of guides for fitting and even though it should be more or less a straight swap for my current unit (which has a bluetooth mic and GPS antenna) does anyone have any tips or wisdom they can share, things to look out for etc?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Does this new unit have an oem fit like the other one does for the mk6 gti?

Hi Corradoluvher, we don’t equip our GA2163 with the installation kit. Could you please write and provide us the year and model of your car or the picture of your car dash, so that we can help check whether we have any installation kits or not to recommend you. Hope you understand, thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Installed this last night. Was very easy and fitment is good. I cut the wire for the reverse, since I do not have a backup cam (as shown here). That did the trick and head unit remains the same when going to reverse.

I had the RNS315 and in this unit audio seems better. My 2.4ghz network is extremely slow in garage, so most of last night was spent downloading apps, signing in, updating apps. Tested out hotspot this morning, works good. I have T-Mobile unlimited plan, so I plan to always enable it when I'm in the car.

Maybe someone can answer this. When trying to use Pandora and Waze, it seems Pandora gets paused and only way to get it working again is to exit Waze. If you put Waze in background and try to use Pandora again, it will pause once you go back to Waze. Radio and Pandora work fine.

Hi Jaber, as our unit is installed inside the car and it is shielding by the car, the available distance to receive the WiFi from your house is relatively shorter. Please get closer with the WiFi and have a try. Yes, you can also try with WiFi wireless hotspot in your mobile phone. :w00t:
As for your second question, we will PM you the software upgrade to help solve the problem, please find and check it, thanks!

Jaber

Modero
Hi Jaber, as our unit is installed inside the car and it is shielding by the car, the available distance to receive the WiFi from your house is relatively shorter. Please get closer with the WiFi and have a try. Yes, you can also try with WiFi wireless hotspot in your mobile phone. :w00t:
As for your second question, we will PM you the software upgrade to help solve the problem, please find and check it, thanks!

Hello,

Yeah, once I created hotspot on my phone, it is much faster. Haven't had any issues with losing wifi so far with the hotspot.

Thanks for responding about the Waze/Pandora, I'll keep an eye out for that PM.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to try Eonon again but the lack of HD Radio is disappointing...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi Leo_Freitas, our Eonon head units don’t support with HD RADIO. But you can download and listen it from Google Playstore. Hope you understand, thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Is the GA2163 a generic 2din model, or VW-specific?

Also, can I use a 4GLTE/3G usb dongle with the GA7153, so I can connect directly to my provider from the HU without having to start the hotspot on my phone every time I get in the car? If so, are there specific compatible brand/model dongles you recommend?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi garypen, our GA2163 is a kind of universal 2DIN head units not VW-specific product.
Yes, our GA7153 supports with 3G/4G dongle connection. We are providing you with some 3G Modems for your reference, such as EM660 HUAWEI, MF210 ZTE, TD688 HUAYU, and etc. You can also try with the HUAWEI E3370 4G dongle. ;)
If you tether your head unit with phone, even when your car is off and started again, the hotspot should be connected automatically if you don’t turn off the hotspot on your phone or turn off the WiFi function on your head unit. Thanks!

Leo_Freitas

Ready to race!
Hi Leo_Freitas, our Eonon head units don’t support with HD RADIO. But you can download and listen it from Google Playstore. Hope you understand, thanks!
HD Radio is not an app. I think it is an add on to the radio antennas that allow a radio to have higher definition radio along with a few extra features. So no, we can't download it from the Play store

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
HD Radio is not an app. I think it is an add on to the radio antennas that allow a radio to have higher definition radio along with a few extra features. So no, we can't download it from the Play store

Hi Leo, yes we know HD radio you mean is a built-in function in head unit, but our unit can't support it. We apologize for the wrong recommendation, after checking carefully again, you're right, HD radio APP is not available on Google Playstore, thanks!

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
Is there any actual feedback on running multiple apps at the same time? lag/gitters/app crash. (I.E. waze/google & pandora/spotify/amazon music/google music/net flix etc)

So far it seems when running 2 apps that aren't working. Eonon will provide a update/re-roll the software on the unit to fix what ever the issue is. but no one has mentioned any lag/lack of smooth app transition and use yet. As requested, are there any feedback on that?

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
Is there any actual feedback on running multiple apps at the same time? lag/gitters/app crash. (I.E. waze/google & pandora/spotify/amazon music/google music/net flix etc)

So far it seems when running 2 apps that aren't working. Eonon will provide a update/re-roll the software on the unit to fix what ever the issue is. but no one has mentioned any lag/lack of smooth app transition and use yet. As requested, are there any feedback on that?

I never knew that Eonon would do that.... I wait 1 minute minutes for Google Maps to load another 1-3 minutes for the address to load and for it to start navigating. If I'm using Spotify, the app will take 1 minute to load, and then another 1 minute or so to stop lagging and search.

Both apps are equally shitty whether being used at the same time or not. With that said it's really not that inconvenient for me and I like the headunit. This might be because I commute 1.5-2.5 hours twice a day, so I have plenty of time to wait.

charbelhamamji1

PM me also the software upgrade... facing the same problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
PM me also the software upgrade... facing the same problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the update ! I ran Torque, Spotify and Waze all at once. Uibwas responsive when going through other menus as well, with the three apps opened.

Only thing I noticed a couple apps missing after update. I didn't check apk installed app to see if they were there however.

But you have to redo everything after update. Since they instruct you to reset.

I can send you the pm they sent me, but no idea if it varies between head unit or not (the update). Hopefully eonon will respond soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.