GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing Cool New Eonon Android 6.0 Volkswagen Navigation GA7153 for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Is there any actual feedback on running multiple apps at the same time? lag/gitters/app crash. (I.E. waze/google & pandora/spotify/amazon music/google music/net flix etc)

So far it seems when running 2 apps that aren't working. Eonon will provide a update/re-roll the software on the unit to fix what ever the issue is. but no one has mentioned any lag/lack of smooth app transition and use yet. As requested, are there any feedback on that?

Hi Sleeping Forest, we will PM you to know more and help you further, thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
I never knew that Eonon would do that.... I wait 1 minute minutes for Google Maps to load another 1-3 minutes for the address to load and for it to start navigating. If I'm using Spotify, the app will take 1 minute to load, and then another 1 minute or so to stop lagging and search.

Both apps are equally shitty whether being used at the same time or not. With that said it's really not that inconvenient for me and I like the headunit. This might be because I commute 1.5-2.5 hours twice a day, so I have plenty of time to wait.

Hi fbgmoney, please don’t worry. We will do our best to help you. Could you please PM us the order no., serial no. of your unit or your email address? Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty. Thanks!

R0B.75

Hi friend, thanks for your order. Wish you enjoy our unit and welcome to share more installation pics & reviews. Cheers! :w00t:

I have installed it now but no installation pics I'm afraid. I may review it once I get more familiar with it and what everything does.

Here are my initial observations though.

Looks: Great, sleek, and doesn't look out of place in the car at all. :thumbup:

Feel: Seems smooth and responsive but have changed to Nova Launcher :thumbup:because it just looks better.

Sound: I was initially disappointed with the sound, no matter what I fiddled with in EQ settings of the default music app it sounded awful. However, I have the full version of Poweramp and the sound is infinitely improved using this app.

I now need to learn what everything does and how to change the below.
Tried using the external mic for bluetooth calls. This wasn't successful, How to I change to using the internal mic?

Which setting do I use to change the door open graphic to the right side? The videos I've seen show a "rudder" option in settings but there is nothing like that on mine, not even in extra factory settings.

Last edited:

R0B.75

Hello,

Yeah, once I created hotspot on my phone, it is much faster. Haven't had any issues with losing wifi so far with the hotspot.

Thanks for responding about the Waze/Pandora, I'll keep an eye out for that PM.

Did you get that PM, did the software update help? I think I have this issue also. Noticed that Poweramp will stop playing if in another app which is mildly annoying.

Edit: I read through and see you have got the update. Working better now??

Last edited:

R0B.75

After spending most of the evening testing settings and apps I have discovered the following.

1, The default music player app is very limited. It does not show album art, this is a big issue for me. The sound is really awful too (compared to Poweramp) which is another big issue. However, it does automatically play when the unit starts, the only positive so far.

2, Poweramp (my preferred app for music) does not work very well on this unit. If you go into any other app or menu (settings etc) for too long Poweramp will close. Poweramp has settings to keep it playing regardless and I have tried them all. It still closes. This is bad news because Poweramp sounds significantly better than the default music player in terms of sound, but it also displays excellent quality album art and has lots of other customisation. I tried Google Play Music but this has zero audio options and the sound is terrible. It also doesn't play at startup.

3, Widgets don't work on this unit very well. I tried widgets for Dashclock and Poweramp. Both worked initially but then disappeared (became invisible) Tried this on both the stock launcher and Nova.

4, Still cannot find a setting to change to the internal mic for bluetooth or voice commands. Do I have to remove the external first? The external mic doesn't work.

5, I also cannot find the setting to change the door open graphic to show the correct door. I've tried all the options that mention "door".

The positives so far are that the unit is responsive and looks nice, but that's not enough to make me want to keep it. The following is a list of things I need to have working to avoid sending this unit back.

I need poweramp to be stable on this unit (not close down randomly) and play automatically at startup like the default music app. The default app is very poor quality.

I need to be able to change door graphic, so far I cannot.

I need widgets to work properly, most I've tried do not.

I need to able to make good quality phone calls with internal or external mic. My previous unit was brilliant, so far this unit is terrible. I can hear people through the speakers but people can't hear me.

Jaber

Modero
Before the update, the music app I was using (pandora or Spotify) would close if I wasn't in the app (I.e. Home screen). After the update, doesn't seem I have that issue anymore. But I haven't driven my car that much since the update.

edstdi

Just received my GA7153. I installed in an SEL with a Fender system and so far I am seeing the following issues.

1. App Memory Performance! I also am unable to use Spotify to play music. As soon as I change to WAZE for navigation or even Google Maps the music will stop within a minute or two.

2. Fader Function! The Fader to the back speakers doesn't appear to work. I have taken the fader all the way to the rear speakers without change. Left and Right seem to work fine but no fade.

3. OS screen resolution. On the 5153 it was as if the Operating System was running at a screen resolution of 640 by 480 on a 17" monitor. Now on the 7153 it's like the OS is running at a screen resolution 1980 by 1080 on a 14" inch monitor. Buttons within apps are hard to hit while driving. ***This is a metaphor! Please don't correct my numbers as it is a comparison and not a description of the actual performance.

3. Button Mapping! Why is the Power knob a mute button when right beside it is a hard "mute" button? Is there a way to remap this to a different function? Remap other hard buttons?

4. WiFi Antenna! On the GA5153 there was a provided WiFi antenna to place in the dash for what was excellent WiFi coverage. On the GA7153 there is a "stub" of wire acting as an antenna. I doubt this is impedance matched to the transmitter. All I know is my phone works harder within the car to provide a tethered environment and battery life sucks now. A WiFi signal from my home when in the driveway is barely possible. Why! Why!!!

I will get to a longer and hopefully video'd review with issues I come up with. I had hoped that as much grief as I gave in the GA5153 section that the issue with Spotify or alt music player would have been properly solved. Using ROM memory to offset a lack of RAM increase was a solution someone cooked into a custom ROM for the 5153. I don't really want to have to resort to a custom ROM and have waited to purchase this unit to upgrade my experience. Not thrilled!

Last edited:

Jaber

Modero
Just received my GA7153. I installed in an SEL with a Fender system and so far I am seeing the following issues.

1. App Memory Performance! I also am unable to use Spotify to play music. As soon as I change to WAZE for navigation or even Google Maps the music will stop within a minute or two.

2. Fader Function! The Fader to the back speakers doesn't appear to work. I have taken the fader all the way to the rear speakers without change. Left and Right seem to work fine but no fade.

3. OS screen resolution. On the 5153 it was as if the Operating System was running at a screen resolution of 640 by 480 on a 17" monitor. Now on the 7153 it's like the OS is running at a screen resolution 1980 by 1080 on a 14" inch monitor. Buttons within apps are hard to hit while driving. ***This is a metaphor! Please don't correct my numbers as it is a comparison and not a description of the actual performance.

3. Button Mapping! Why is the Power knob a mute button when right beside it is a hard "mute" button? Is there a way to remap this to a different function? Remap other hard buttons?

4. WiFi Antenna! On the GA5153 there was a provided WiFi antenna to place in the dash for what was excellent WiFi coverage. On the GA7153 there is a "stub" of wire acting as an antenna. I doubt this is impedance matched to the transmitter. All I know is my phone works harder within the car to provide a tethered environment and battery life sucks now. A WiFi signal from my home when in the driveway is barely possible. Why! Why!!!

I will get to a longer and hopefully video'd review with issues I come up with. I had hoped that as much grief as I gave in the GA5153 section that the issue with Spotify or alt music player would have been properly solved. Using ROM memory to offset a lack of RAM increase was a solution someone cooked into a custom ROM for the 5153. I don't really want to have to resort to a custom ROM and have waited to purchase this unit to upgrade my experience. Not thrilled!

#1 - update fixed it for sure. I run Waze, Spotify and Torque all at once. Haven't had issues with this all weekend.

#2 - haven't tried this yet. But I should.

#3 - doesn't bug me as much. But some apps do have tiny buttons, so guess I can see it being annoying.

#4 - no issues with iPhone 7. Full signal and apps seem to work st normal speed. My battery life seems same, when I create a hotspot for my laptop.

Jaber

Modero
Just tested the fader function, it's working for me. But I didn't test t before the update.

edstdi

Has anyone successfully connected their rear view camera with the A0580 kit? I purchased one with my GA7153 and I can now add to the list above that it also didn't work. I had the head unit installed long enough to find the above mentioned issues. Today I took it back out of the dash to add the A0580. Unfortunately there was a faint aroma of burning and a small amount of thin smoke from the top of the Head Unit. It was connected just as the picture from Eonon showed. I had to reinstall the factory head unit to test the camera. It still works but not with the GA7153 (I tried again). I am not sure what happened but the damage is likely inside the GA7153 as well. EononCarDVD any suggestions at this point. Please send the software patch for the Spotify issue. The GA7153 is functional other than this.

Connected like this for install.
https://www.eonon.com/upload/product/Gallery/A0580/A0580-06.jpg

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
After spending most of the evening testing settings and apps I have discovered the following.

1, The default music player app is very limited. It does not show album art, this is a big issue for me. The sound is really awful too (compared to Poweramp) which is another big issue. However, it does automatically play when the unit starts, the only positive so far.

2, Poweramp (my preferred app for music) does not work very well on this unit. If you go into any other app or menu (settings etc) for too long Poweramp will close. Poweramp has settings to keep it playing regardless and I have tried them all. It still closes. This is bad news because Poweramp sounds significantly better than the default music player in terms of sound, but it also displays excellent quality album art and has lots of other customisation. I tried Google Play Music but this has zero audio options and the sound is terrible. It also doesn't play at startup.

3, Widgets don't work on this unit very well. I tried widgets for Dashclock and Poweramp. Both worked initially but then disappeared (became invisible) Tried this on both the stock launcher and Nova.

4, Still cannot find a setting to change to the internal mic for bluetooth or voice commands. Do I have to remove the external first? The external mic doesn't work.

5, I also cannot find the setting to change the door open graphic to show the correct door. I've tried all the options that mention "door".

The positives so far are that the unit is responsive and looks nice, but that's not enough to make me want to keep it. The following is a list of things I need to have working to avoid sending this unit back.

I need poweramp to be stable on this unit (not close down randomly) and play automatically at startup like the default music app. The default app is very poor quality.

I need to be able to change door graphic, so far I cannot.

I need widgets to work properly, most I've tried do not.

I need to able to make good quality phone calls with internal or external mic. My previous unit was brilliant, so far this unit is terrible. I can hear people through the speakers but people can't hear me.

Hi R0B.75, please don’t worry. We will do our best to help you. Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee.

As for your first three questions, we will PM you and help you better. ;)

4. About the MIC, please note that the internal and external MIC work at the same time.
Please reinsert it and try to get close to the external MIC and make sure it’s connected properly as the external MIC interface is tight. You can also try with another MIC.

5. Please set the Door info option and then try with the door display with the following steps.
Settings--->Car settings--->Extra settings (password:123456)--->Door info
Hope it helps, thanks!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion

Hi edstdi, please don’t worry. We will do our best to help you. Please rest assured that we have 60-day money back guarantee.

As for your first three questions, we will PM you and help you better. ;)
4. The power button of GA7153 can be rotated and pressed on. You can rotate it to get the volumn up, down or mute. Short press on it you can get the volumn mute, and long press on it you can get the head unit off. Quite convenient!

5. As our GA7153 is with internal Wifi antenna and is installed inside the car and it is shielding by the car, the available distance to receive the WiFi from your house is relatively shorter. Please get closer with the WiFi and have a try. You can also try with WiFi wireless hotspot in your mobile phone in the car.

6. Yes, our GA7153 is with 1GB RAM and 12GB for APP storage, which provides with instant response, more possibilities and entertainment. We will release the new units with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM in the future. Thanks for your kind feedback!

7. You can press on the RES button and reboot the head unit.
Hope it helps, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.