GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
I have a few questions about mine...

First: my old head unit worked differently in regards to shutting the car off. Before, if the key was off the radio stayed on until the door was opened. The new head unit stays on until the key is removed. I leave my key in my car a lot so I'm always forgetting about that and leaving the radio on. Is there a setting the change that?

Second: when using pandora through CarPlay, you can see the album art faintly behind the track info, is there a setting that will put the album art with the track info like most other systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ITSSTI, which Eonon head unit do you have? Could you please kindly PM us your email, order no. or serial no. of your Eonon head unit. :) So we can help you better, thanks!

Jaber

Modero
Hi ITSSTI, which Eonon head unit do you have? Could you please kindly PM us your email, order no. or serial no. of your Eonon head unit. :) So we can help you better, thanks!

You're in the wrong thread :) This is for the RCD RCD330+ headunit.

Spooner1

So I have a 2014 Tiguan SEL with the Fender audio system and I need some help figureing out if the 330plus will work for me!? Has anyone tried this unit in a Tiguan with Fender audio!? This is the only community that anyone has any info on this thing. I see that the dynaudio has had success but I don't fully understand why it works or why the Fender system wouldn't work.

Jaber

Modero
So I have a 2014 Tiguan SEL with the Fender audio system and I need some help figureing out if the 330plus will work for me!? Has anyone tried this unit in a Tiguan with Fender audio!? This is the only community that anyone has any info on this thing. I see that the dynaudio has had success but I don't fully understand why it works or why the Fender system wouldn't work.

You could be the first to find out :D

Spooner1

You could be the first to find out :D

Aghhh!! I'm going crazy. Can anyone explain what unplugging the battery actually does? And why it works or doesn't? Also what are the error codes everyone is talking about and how do you fix them? Do you need a computer to hook up to the head unit?

zsm722

Ready to race!
Aghhh!! I'm going crazy. Can anyone explain what unplugging the battery actually does? And why it works or doesn't? Also what are the error codes everyone is talking about and how do you fix them? Do you need a computer to hook up to the head unit?

Spooner, I have a 2010 GTI that had a very early RCD-510. I replaced it with the unit in this thread.

I did not disconnect my battery, as I did not have a dynaudio system. I don't think anyone knows why it does or doesn't work yet, but it's probably simple explanation.

I don't think you would get any major errors from what I have read. I haven't at all.

Installing the new unit was literally unplugging it and plugging in the new one with one simple adapter. Install took 30 min.

Spooner1

Spooner, I have a 2010 GTI that had a very early RCD-510. I replaced it with the unit in this thread.

I did not disconnect my battery, as I did not have a dynaudio system. I don't think anyone knows why it does or doesn't work yet, but it's probably simple explanation.

I don't think you would get any major errors from what I have read. I haven't at all.

Installing the new unit was literally unplugging it and plugging in the new one with one simple adapter. Install took 30 min.

Thanks zsm722. I know the plug a play aspect of it is easy enough and the install looks simple. Just having the Fender system being an issue and now I'm looking at issues with the stock RVC.. I don't want to rewire an rvc. If I knew I could just plug and play this unit and my rvc and Fender system would work I would love to go with this option but right now it seems like to much of a hassle. Any idea if I can get a newer unit from a 2016 or something that has car play and will work with the Fender system and my stock rvc?

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks zsm722. I know the plug a play aspect of it is easy enough and the install looks simple. Just having the Fender system being an issue and now I'm looking at issues with the stock RVC.. I don't want to rewire an rvc. If I knew I could just plug and play this unit and my rvc and Fender system would work I would love to go with this option but right now it seems like to much of a hassle. Any idea if I can get a newer unit from a 2016 or something that has car play and will work with the Fender system and my stock rvc?

There is a solution to get the stock RVC to work with the RCD330 HU without rewiring. By buying an adapter like this:

http://s.aliexpress.com/jqiae2UF

rucheng10

Passed Driver's Ed
I just traded in my GTI, so I'm selling my RCD330, the hacked version with Carplay. $175 shipped. I live in the US so you'll receive it in a few business days instead of having to wait over 2 weeks if you were buy from the sellers in China. PM me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zimraph

Is anyone here succeeded to display the album artwork for the music (usb, SD or Airplay)?

cygamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi can someone try and tell us if the unit support GREEK language?
The RCD510 i have doesnt support it.
Can someone create a contact called ΔΙΑΜΕΡΙΣΜΑ (it means appartment) and try to call it through bluetooth. My RCD510 shows only squares and circles,not the letters.
Please let me know.

ExcelonGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive been enjoying my rc330 for about a month now. However, there is one issue that I've been experiencing

The volume of music jumps up by about 40-50% after any interaction with Siri. It doesn't happen after navigation voice prompts. But it happens every time after I initiate Siri.

A@ron

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive been enjoying my rc330 for about a month now. However, there is one issue that I've been experiencing

The volume of music jumps up by about 40-50% after any interaction with Siri. It doesn't happen after navigation voice prompts. But it happens every time after I initiate Siri.

Ok, glad I’m not the only one experiencing that. I’m running iOS 11 dev beta 4, so I wasn’t sure if that was the culprit. Wonder if anyone found a way around this...?