GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
I just simply loaded the 5314 firmware on a flashdrive with the tar file entact. Just pop the USB into the radio. Hold down the setup button to get to the firmware upgrade screen and follow the steps.

My biggest annoyance is the bluetooth pairing when using android auto. I think I have it worked out by making sure im not in Android Auto when I am turning the radio on or when I am turning it off.

Sounds simple enough, thanks! I have an iPhone, but I feel like CarPlay is more stable if I'm not in CarPlay when I turn it off, as well. I guess weird quirks like this are expected, right?

bobbybasic

Just a thought - my previous head unit was an RCD310 with the hands free kit. I wondered if the wiring/cabling left over from that may be causing the Siri interference. I haven't properly uninstalled the hands free kit from the quadlock etc. Also, maybe some coding is needed too? Not that I would know how to go about doing that.

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a thought - my previous head unit was an RCD310 with the hands free kit. I wondered if the wiring/cabling left over from that may be causing the Siri interference. I haven't properly uninstalled the hands free kit from the quadlock etc. Also, maybe some coding is needed too? Not that I would know how to go about doing that.

I was wondering this myself. The original bluetooth module that went with my RCD310 is still installed and I can still pair my phone to it, though obviously I don't. I feel like that could cause a conflict if you invoke Siri because it doesn't know which microphone to use.

Then again, if downgrading to older software fixes that, maybe it's not so much of a big deal that the old hardware is still in the car.

bobbybasic

I was wondering this myself. The original bluetooth module that went with my RCD310 is still installed and I can still pair my phone to it, though obviously I don't. I feel like that could cause a conflict if you invoke Siri because it doesn't know which microphone to use.

Then again, if downgrading to older software fixes that, maybe it's not so much of a big deal that the old hardware is still in the car.

I turned off Bluetooth (as I don't use it with CarPlay) on the RCD330 to see if the problem went away, it didn't. I also unplugged everything from under the passenger seat (Bluetooth). All thats left from the previous set-up would be the pins/wire in the quadlock. Maybe that causes interference, not sure.

kirsten.rossouw

I think a lot of people are reverting back to 5314. I paid for a 187B 5515 C210 and rolled back because of this earache:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2d...j5bivdnzrijbaekvbk0h00410&feature=em-comments

My seller has been cool, and offered a partial refund.

Is anyone here happy with 5515?

There seems to have been a lot of bogus posts here, and 'fake/multiple' user accounts banging on about C210 software brand and the 4 different volumes it enables. Clearly they were here to spam everyone over to Aliexpress. Some have been banned, and one has even set up his own forum dedicated to the RCD330. He's over there having conversations with himself. Daft eh?

Anyway, it just makes it really confusing for newbies to choose which one to buy.

As far as I can see, 187B 'No Name' 5314 is the best working version. I've also owned a 187B 'Desay' which apart from the yellow/orange UI, worked perfectly.
And how about Bluetooth version? Or does it not matter? I'm one of those newbies not knowing what to buy-out waiting patiently getting confirmation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

spicypiel

Ready to race!
I had a weird mix of 5515 and C180 when I got my unit, as you can imagine having the echo AND bluetooth bugs was fun so I opted for the partial sidegrade to 5134/C180, as it was sort of covered, 5134 and C210 might be a good mix but I doubt we'll see that.

If we're super lucky the firmware after 5515 will become available sometime soon.

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
I turned off Bluetooth (as I don't use it with CarPlay) on the RCD330 to see if the problem went away, it didn't. I also unplugged everything from under the passenger seat (Bluetooth). All thats left from the previous set-up would be the pins/wire in the quadlock. Maybe that causes interference, not sure.

I just ran the downgrade to 5314 and that fixed the feedback loop problem, so definitely a software side problem. I haven't spent a ton of time playing with it since, but I did have the unit restart itself, so maybe I have that issue now...

1616sixx

So I have the desay 187B with the carplay version with a lot of numbers and letters, not the ones you guys keep posting up like V210 or what not and have been getting lots of restart issues for the first 20 mins when the car gets started up. The radio and the BT work fine but when I have carplay going, it keeps restarting the entire HU over and over.

Anyone else with these issues?

Yes I’ve started to have this issue. Debating whether to open an eBay dispute & get a refund but I really like the Desay unit as there are virtually no other bugs!

praxidike

I've been toying with the idea of switching back to my iphone 6s plus and using carplay until the software bugs are figured out lol.

bmrgold

Does anyone want to guinea pig with this one? Looks like it has new hardware, Im looking to pick one of these up in the next few weeks so it might end up being me but if anyone orders one before me let us know how it goes.

https://tinyurl.com/y8mthor8

Also what is the JNDSNY version? Is that a "noname" version.

freegolf

Does anyone want to guinea pig with this one? Looks like it has new hardware, Im looking to pick one of these up in the next few weeks so it might end up being me but if anyone orders one before me let us know how it goes.

https://tinyurl.com/y8mthor8

Also what is the JNDSNY version? Is that a "noname" version.

the software is Y510, maybe the test brand

also some other seller sell the 6RF 035 187E but the software is 5515, but more expensiven , sell on 330usd

Last edited:

freegolf

today i find the 534 brand RAM is NT5CC256M16CP

also find the 541 brand RAM is NT5CC256M16DP

who can tell me the size of the no name brand 187B

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
I just had this unit arrive from eBay, and used the firmware on here to update it with Android Auto. I did get a variant error and had to update to 5515 and then back to 5314.

Headunit on eBay

I clicked Buy It Now on Dec 24, and it was delivered on Jan 3. I did get a $19 fee at the door from UPS, but it was likely because it passed through Montreal on its way to Newfoundland, Canada. I seem to only ever get dinged when packages go through there.

I also ordered these two parts so that I can relocate the USB port to the row of buttons ahead of the shifter.

USB Cable

USB Button

When they arrive I'll post a photo to show which wires I ended up soldering to the headunit.

Look here for how connect usb cable to back panel

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=26

Last edited: