GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Egbert

For those who don’t want to mess about soldering external USB ports, I’m using a Remax Emperor cable. It routes the cable away from the gearstick and is easy to stow in the cubby. Never gets in the way.

https://www.iremax.com/products/data-cable-emperor-lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaboom

Passed Driver's Ed
Purchase link?

Does someone have a good AliExpress or eBay purchase link for a Noname Linux unit that either has a non-buggy Android Auto firmware preinstalled (no BT, volume, echo bugs) or that is compatible to be flashed to such a version?

Is 187B better than 187E?

freegolf

Does anyone want to guinea pig with this one? Looks like it has new hardware, Im looking to pick one of these up in the next few weeks so it might end up being me but if anyone orders one before me let us know how it goes.

https://tinyurl.com/y8mthor8

Also what is the JNDSNY version? Is that a "noname" version.

I think all hu 512 mb. Maybe 187C 1 gb or 187E
http://rcd330plus.com

but some seller in aliexpress said that 187B also 1GB ram

this is confused

see this some one said the ram is 1GB
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2888.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.2bd7c6aThtYZQ

is it really 1GB ?

Ramses82

They seem all bugged to me to be honest... I have tried my 187B with the original 5515 C210 firmware and it was disaster, then downgraded to 5314 C180 and it was better, but after 1 day the "ok google" button stopped working, the icon and sound appear but it is if I was not saying anything, upgraded to 5515 but C180 and my patience lasted a few minutes for the bugs, now went back to 5314 C180 and the bluetooth is reconnecting every time you turn it ON.

In all versions the volume is all over the place, after an "ok google" command the volume gets changed, after a phone call the bass disappear and you have to stop the music, change source and pick the phone source back... really, thinking of going back to my RCD510 that at least worked with no bugs.

Has anyone got a firmware that they have tried and really WORKS?

It would be great to share that as a starting point and from there work neetly on this unit. The hardware has got potentials, the idea also, but the firmware development is made really badly (to be polite...)

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Have to admit I'm surprised VW China/India would allow this sort of quality in cars with this pre installed. I'd be quite miffed if I dropped a fair bit of money on a new polo/vento and this was my experience.

freegolf

They seem all bugged to me to be honest... I have tried my 187B with the original 5515 C210 firmware and it was disaster, then downgraded to 5314 C180 and it was better, but after 1 day the "ok google" button stopped working, the icon and sound appear but it is if I was not saying anything, upgraded to 5515 but C180 and my patience lasted a few minutes for the bugs, now went back to 5314 C180 and the bluetooth is reconnecting every time you turn it ON.

In all versions the volume is all over the place, after an "ok google" command the volume gets changed, after a phone call the bass disappear and you have to stop the music, change source and pick the phone source back... really, thinking of going back to my RCD510 that at least worked with no bugs.

Has anyone got a firmware that they have tried and really WORKS?

It would be great to share that as a starting point and from there work neetly on this unit. The hardware has got potentials, the idea also, but the firmware development is made really badly (to be polite...)

yes

this is sound bad for the qaulity

but the price is not high than the original brand

you know the original brand is about 2 times than the china seller

mark43231

Have to admit I'm surprised VW China/India would allow this sort of quality in cars with this pre installed. I'd be quite miffed if I dropped a fair bit of money on a new polo/vento and this was my experience.

I do wonder what they are like when fitted to OEM cars. I get the impression the software is hacked by the vendors.

bobbybasic

Hey Gokturks, how many user accounts do you have? With multiple accounts here and your own forum it must get really confusing keeping track? ;)

There’s no way VW release the software that ends up on these HU’s. All the versions I’ve seen online and personally are riddled with spelling mistakes, poor English and inconsistencies.

Saying that I’m grateful for the hacks and I’ve given up looking for perfection, 5515, C210 or whatever aliexpress sellers claim solves whatever problems they’ve read about here. They’re f*cking with us.

My advice is buy a no name 187B, 534, 5314, C180 and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egbert

Hey Gokturks, how many user accounts do you have? With multiple accounts here and your own forum it must get really confusing keeping track? ;)

There’s no way VW release the software that ends up on these HU’s. All the versions I’ve seen online and personally are riddled with spelling mistakes, poor English and inconsistencies.

Saying that I’m grateful for the hacks and I’ve given up looking for perfection, 5515, C210 or whatever aliexpress sellers claim solves whatever problems they’ve read about here. They’re f*cking with us.

My advice is buy a no name 187B, 534, 5314, C180 and enjoy it.

Very well said. It's a very basic AM/FM radio that leverages the power of smartphones - and it's pretty good at those things for its very low price. I have the same HU/firmware combination and it's reliable and without bugs - a fairly safe bet, i think.

I'm getting bored of the many manifestations of a certain person too. How do we make him go away? IP address block?