GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Alex_GTi1

1. A

Is my DSG transmission about to go bust?

I have had a weird problem occur twice now and will bring it to the dealer for check up. I just wanted to see, if anyone encountered such problem before and what the diagnosis/fix was? What happened is, that usually when I put my car into reverse I will wait for a second or two, as I feel, that...
  2. A

Renault Megane RS 250 Cup

Thanks for ur input. Yeah car prices r insane n yet there are really bad traffic jams around here. Singapore is worse though. 2nd hand R8 in Malaysia is around U$250,000.00. :(
  3. A

Renault Megane RS 250 Cup

Curious to know your thoughts, whether a a GTi with stage 1, full TBE, CAI and some handling improvement mods would be able to compete against the Renault on the track. What sort of mods apart from the tune would you be looking at? The idea is to still undercut the price of the Renault. Here in...
  4. A

VW's 111111111th car is a...

Golf GTi of course :w00t: http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Industry_News/VW-tops-2010-with-special-milestone-20101222
  5. A

Stage 2...now what?

I have currently the stage 2 software, APR Carbonio Stage 1+2 and the APR downpipe. I am pretty happy with the current power this delivers. However, I think as most of you know, you are always looking for that little bit extra in power. In terms of looks, I have already changed to 18s and am...
  6. A

Suspension problem?

Sorry this might sound like a stupid question. I realised lately when I take turns quite fast (especially left ones), that there is a once-off crack (clung) sound coming from the front left side underneath the car. I would think it is the suspension. Has anyone experienced this or know what it...
  7. A

Standard Radio Unit Question

Not too sure what the exact model name is (sorry about that), but the buttons on the radio, instead of being like the RCD-510, are underneath the screen. I think around 6 of them. Anyways, today when I was driving the station just automatically jumped. It did that twice within 2 minutes. Maybe...
  8. A

Name that movie...

Hot Rod. "Come with me, if you want to live"
  9. A

Exhaust ticking?

Hey there, I experienced a strange ticking noise from the exhaust yesterday, at least it sounded like it was coming from that area. You know when you turn the car off after having driven for a while you can hear a tick tick sound which seems to come from the metal or something underneath the...