GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bequietanddrive

1. bequietanddrive

MK6 GTI Stock Halogen Headlights

Hey man - from the pictures these looks like they are in pretty much perfect cosmetic condition. Are they as good as they look as the pics? If so, I'm very interested.
  2. bequietanddrive

17x9 +30 ET - any issues?

Hi all, I am specifically looking at these wheels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/17x9-ESR-SR11-5x112-30-Hyper-Black-Wheels-Rims-Set-4/232515565221?epid=2164871650&hash=item362301f6a5%3Ag%3Ar2kAAOSw3pVZ2T1Q Or at least something with similar specs. Would I be able to safely run these with 225 tires...
  3. bequietanddrive

Coilovers installed, alignement done...now car feels "off" suddenly?

So about 4-5 months ago I had my BC Racing coilovers installed and an alignment done immediately after. All was well with the alignment and everything was in spec. All of the sudden this past week, my steering/suspension has started acting really weird. To give an example, when changing lanes...
  4. bequietanddrive

Is this the part I need?

So, I have halogen headlights and the little plastic piece that holds the H7 Bulb has melted and is now defective. Is this part the right one to order? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/h7-bulb-socket-kit/5k0941109c/ Does anyone know if Advance Auto Parts or a similar...
  5. bequietanddrive

Job offer, to move or not to move...

I came here just to defend Florida for a bit LOL :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  6. bequietanddrive

Custom Suede Headliner

Not sure how often this has been done around here, but long story short, my headliner took a crap on me and started sagging like crazy in multiple spots! Must be something about German glue and Florida heat. VW didn't want to help me with the repair, so I went the custom route and had a...
  7. bequietanddrive

Lightweight Battery Box?

Anyone every used one of these in the mk6? Says it fits: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vw-battery-box-Race-lightweight-MATTE-RED-texture-mk1-mk2-mk3-mk4-mk5-mk6-/121062637354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGTI&hash=item1c2fe53f2a&vxp=mtr Looking to pick up a Deka lightweight...
  8. bequietanddrive

Auto body/paint in Pinellas?

Anybody know a good autobody/paint shop in the Pinellas county, FL, area? Thanks!
  9. bequietanddrive

Accidentally used Mobil 1 5w-30 - am I okay?

So I changed my oil today and used Mobil 1 5w-30 - not the ESP stuff, by mistake. Will I be okay for another 3k or so until I change the oil again? I realize its not 100% VW approved but should I be okay for a little while? Thanks!
  10. bequietanddrive

APR Tune - Car not at full power at first?

I suppose this is kind of a noob questions, but I was hoping that Arin or anyone else could chime in that has more access to technical data than I do, as I have no boost gauge. My butt-dyno seems to feel that even after driving the car for the first 10 minutes or so, even when the engine temp...
  11. bequietanddrive

Will MKV Jetta Leatherette work?

Just wondering if Jetta leatherette seats would fit into our GTI? I know the MKV and MKVI GTI seats are interchangeable, and wasn't sure how these would jive in the GTI, although I would imagine they'd be fine.
  12. bequietanddrive

Drove a friend's STi...

It's very possible that my friends has an aftermarket short shifter, as he purchased the car used. This could explain the notchiness of the gearbox. And yes, under hood temps are very high for some reason. You can literally feel the heat radiating from the hood when standing next to it after...
  13. bequietanddrive

Drove a friend's STi...

I drove my buddies 2008 STi. It was lightly modded (Stage 2, I think they put down about 300 AWHP). It took a little but for the boost to build but it was very fast once it did. Didn't have a chance to get on it too much though so I couldn't take advantage of all the power. The interior is...
  14. bequietanddrive

Okay, so here's a really weird question...groin pain?

So I'm fully embarrassed to post the question, but it's been racking my brain and I had to get out out to fellow Vdubbers to see if I'm an isolated case. I love the GTI's seats, however, it seems like there is a sweet spot in terms of seating position for me and if I'm not in it, I get this...
  15. bequietanddrive

A Stage 1 Impression

So I bit the bullet today and was flashed to APR Stage 1, thanks to the summer special. The night before, a friend drove my car, as he'd never driven it before. He drove the car again today after the flash. His reaction - "What did you do with your old car? This is insane." and...