GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BoomBoy

1. B

FS: Avant Garde - pick up only! (Maryland)

I'm selling a set of Avant Garde. I can't remember what model they are but here is the pic that they were on the car. I'm asking $100 for the set. The tires are worn. No I won't take the tires off. Pick up only! Lusby, MD.
  2. B

2011 VW GTI K04, LSD (no damage but needs a new engine) $3900 OBO

Apparently due to an oil pump failure at 94,000 miles, the car needs a new engine. The body and transmission are in the pristine condition. I'm asking $3900 (MD/DC/VA) OBO. I'm not responsible for towing. The car is a 4 door manual full loaded Autobahn with navigation. The mods: WaveTrac LSD...
  3. B

What is that noise?

It happens almost every time when I take off in the first gear. It has not been like that. :iono: http://s451.photobucket.com/user/boomboy2k/media/20141125_170747.mp4.html
  4. B

2011 VW GTI K04, LSD, $17000 OBO (DC/MD/VA)

2011 VW GTI parted out K04, LSD, OEM Rear LED, etc I bought a 2015 Mustang and would like to part out and sell the car. The car has 90000 miles with a ton of mods. Tell me which part you are interested in and we can negotiate a sale. New price: $10000 OBO 2011 VW GTI Autobahn (leather seats...
  5. B

Boost leak?

I could only hold 15 psi on APR K04. That seems a little low.
  6. B

K04 1/4 mile

I drag raced for the first time at Waterfest and I won class B3 unexpectedly. I'm not sure if I got incredibly lucky or everybody else just sucked. ;) The best time I could achieve is 13.923. Is that normal for a manual with a K04? That was with 93 octane fuel and summer tires. What could I do...
  7. B

misfire and evap errors

I'm 62k miles and I had replaced spark plugs and coil packs at 42k miles. The car runs fine. I scanned the code with VCDS. Can anybody tell me what the problem could be? 6 Faults Found: 000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected P0300 - 000 - - Intermittent...
  8. B

New shoes

Before: Avant Garde M310 They are for sale. If you are interested, msg me. I will put them up on the classified as soon as I take the tires off. After: Enkei Tuning Fujin
  9. B

Alignment advice needed! Cambers out of whack! Due to lack of hub centric rings?

The last shop that did my alignments claimed that the cambers are non-adjustable. They left my car with: -1.1° Left Front Camber -1.6° Right Front Camber 7.9° Left Front Caster 7.2° Right Front Caster 0.09° Left Front Toe 0.07° Right Front Toe -2.4° Left Rear Camber -2.0° Right Rear Camber...
  10. B

What's your next car?

MK7 Golf R, Focus RS, or new STI
  11. B

My front leveler arm is missing.

I couldn't find it for the life of me. I looked around the driver side and it's not there. It's there on the rear but not the front.
  12. B

I love my CruiseCam :)

I just picked it up today. I tested it out with my Panasonic camera and I think it turned out well. I'm not sure if I should get GoPro, though. I can't wait to take it to the track this November in Summit Point! :happyanim: MvL6jb0xwnQ RPGorTeqh7c
  13. B

Front brake calipers paint is fading

Does anyone have this problem? They look pink on mine. The rear brake calipers are still bright red. It looks like now I have mismatched brake calipers.
  14. B

New Rule

Your car is not tuned until your car is K04. Now, save up and get it. :thumbup:
  15. B

Article: Gen-Y preferring phones to cars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y From early 1980's to 2000's