GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Brad09

1. B

WTB 19” Alzor 628’s.

If anyone has some they would like to sell, ideally with tires, let me know. Looking for grey, not black, 19x8.5 et45
  2. B

Spark plug after two days…

Plug on the left is 2 days old. Swapped it out after getting a cylinder 4 misfire code (swapping coilpacks didn’t make a difference). Its a NGK BRK7EIX that was pregapped around .029”. After the swap it still misfired for a few seconds after cranking it, but the next day the code was gone. Why...
  3. B

p2088 code comes and goes...

Got the p2088 code about a year ago (Camshaft Position Actuator Control Circuit Low Bank 1) and replaced the camshaft adjuster magnet. Code went away for a while. The past few months however, it has been showing up for a few days, then will go away for a few days, etc. Car drives normal. Any...
  4. B

Where is everyone buying wheels?

What sites are you guys using to buy wheels for these cars? The classified section for wheels on here seems dead and a lot of wheels I find on other sites are unavailable. Thanks in advance.
  5. B

Thoughts on 235/35/19 tires?

For anyone running this wheel/tire size, how does it compare to the stock 18's? Do they ride so much worse that it isn't worth it, or is it not that bad? I don't want to go with a 225/35/19 sidewall, so I'm wondering if the 235 will be a good compromise and I'll roll/pull fenders as needed.
  6. B

can't find any info on P2088 CEL (camshaft position actuator)?

It seems the "short to ground" issue with the 2088 code is because oil is leaking into the connector at the camshaft adjustment magnet. It doesn't look like oil is leaking from the seal around it, so should I replace the magnet? I think I read somewhere the new version is plastic and requires a...
  7. B

can't find any info on P2088 CEL (camshaft position actuator)?

Tried searching the forums for this specific code without any luck. It showed up a few days ago. Car seems to be running fine however. Mechanical/engine knowledge is not my specialty, so any advice would be appreciated. 2011 GTI, 160k. 1 Fault Found: 008328 - Bank 1 Camshaft A (Intake) Position...
  8. B

19x8.5 et45 - 24" ftg?

Haven't found much info on this. 2011 GTI on ST coils at 24" ftg on stock detroits and 225/40's. I would like to go with a 19x8.5 et45 wheel and it seems 225/35/19's are my best option. 1. How bad if any rubbing will there be with this setup and ground clearance? I'm ok with rolling the...
  9. B

Belt Tensioner Keeps Failing...

Had my accessory belt and tensioner replaced in April of this year because the tensioner was making a rattling/knocking sound under acceleration from a stop in 1st or reverse. I went with an aftermarket tensioner from Febi-Bilstein because I read they make decent parts. After a few months the...
  10. B

still can't figure out this a/c noise...

Sent an email to Charles (Humble Mechanic on YT) and he said it could be the belt tensioner or the compressor. Since I've already replaced the belt tensioner, I guess that leaves the compressor. It blows cold air just fine though. Has anyone had their compressor make the noise in the video above?
  11. B

still can't figure out this a/c noise...

The video below is not my car, but it is making the exact same sound as mine. This only happens with the a/c on, and only in first/reverse when pulling away from a stop. If the car is on a hill/under load the sound is much louder. After I hit 5mph or so the sound is gone. The comments in the...
  12. B

Dual Mass Flywheel (DSG) replacement?

Thanks, but as I mentioned I've already replaced the belt and tensioner, because I thought the same thing about the A/C. But it is still making the sound.
  13. B

For what it's worth the PCV valve, water pump, and upper timing cover/gaskets were replaced in March. Shortly after, this sound started happening. We then replaced the accessory drive belt and tensioner thinking that may be it and it seemed like it got a little better, but then the sound came...
  14. B

My car makes this noise only under acceleration from a stop in first or reverse and only with the A/C on. The sound is much worse when parked on a hill, especially in reverse. It only last a few seconds as I'm pulling away. The video below is the only one I could find that sounded like my car...
  15. B

What is this sound?

I haven't had a chance to get this checked out yet. It is still intermittent and I can go 4-5 days without it happening at all. If I'm just driving from point A to B it doesn't happen. It seems to happen when my car is parked for a few minutes while running. Again, it doesn't happen when revving...