GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bretzy1990

1. B

Finally went stage 2

Got my stage 2 tune finally. Had the shop put on a ecs tuning 3 inch downpipe. Going from stage 1 APR to stage 2 was noticeable for sure. The sound is amazing. Paired with a Cobb catback. Made me think I had an exhaust leak at first not sure. The turbo spool with that downpipe is just so much...
  2. B

Deciding intake

Eying the Apr intake. I know it's a good product, but pricy. And has proven horsepower gains. Anyone have any suggestions that can match it for the price or less?
  3. B

APR Stage one vs Stage two

For those of you who have experienced stage one, and then went to stage 2, what are your thoughts on it. Is it seat of the pants faster? I went to my Apr dealer for a while yesterday and he had an Apr downpipe in there and it was pretty dang nice. He definitely got me thinking about going stage 2.
  4. B

Dealership lost my Apr tune

Took my 2012 GTI to the dealership today. I limped in on 3 cylinders, just to have 1 coil put in to fix the problem. Apparently there was an open recall on the ecm. They reflashed my ecm without my consent, saying they were required to because it was a recall. Now, I did not tell them my car was...
  5. B

Cold air intake

Looking for reccomendations on a good intake. I am stage one, and am looking for something that won't throw an engine code. Being loud won't bother me any, I would like it to sound good. I like the apr, although cheaper alternatives would be preferred. I also don't need a stage 2 type. Thanks
  6. B

Will these tires fit

I just bought my car a couple weeks ago, and noticed it had mismatched tires on it when I bought it. It has 255/40r18 on the rear. I was wondering if that size will work up front without rubbing? I believe the fronts are 225/40/r18 right now. I have stock wheels as well.
  7. B

Turboback exhaust

I already got my stage 1 yesterday and am ready for a stage 2 I love it so much. Any recommendations on a good turbo Back?
  8. B

APR Stage 1 compatibility

I'm planning on getting the Apr stage 1 on my GTI. I was wondering if I can use the stage 1 tune with any kind of car back exhaust, not just the full Apr setup. I don't really want to do the downpipe or anything just yet, but could foresee a cat back just for sound down the road, and was just...