GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Carbon Steel

1. Carbon Steel

When did you let go of your MK6?

My 2010 has 11,000 miles, i have a truck, 2013 turbo beetle about 8K miles and a Harley. I drive the GTI and the Beetle and the Bike when the weather is good, no rain etc. and each about once or twice a month. They are in show room condition, lol, should sell them but will probably pass them on...
  2. Carbon Steel

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Well, i have two cars a truck and a motorcycle, the truck gets driven the most, the 2010 GTI has 11,000 miles, garage kept and never driven in the rain. So this maintenance is still a few years away for me. Thought about selling it but most likely won't i do enjoy driving it every now and then...
  3. Carbon Steel

How long did your factory battery last?

Eight years, i think, but my batteries have always lasted longer than normal. I would say plan on 3 to 4 years, depending on your location, extremely cold or hot environment and your personal habits, radio playing while car not running, leaving lights on etc. Much easier to monitor it and...
  4. Carbon Steel

FS 2010 GTI BLK 5dr 6DSG Leather, NAV, Sunroof 82Kmi $9500 OBO Loc: So Cal.

Nice car, very similar to mine, mine is a 2010 RNS 510 radio etc., mine only has 10800 miles on it. Too many things to drive. Yours looks good, GLWS.
  5. Carbon Steel

License Plate setup

When i got my car in 2010 the dealer would drill the front bumper. I told him not to do it, he didn't and over the years i've looked a various solutions, but i too have stayed with black zip ties :)
  6. Carbon Steel

Who has the lowest Mileage during COVID-19

10,000 total miles, 0 in the last month, back it and the turbo beetle out of the garage and run them. 0 on the Harley, but i may be ridding Friday to get the mail.
  7. Carbon Steel

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Car inspection, oil change. Great dealership does both for free as long as you own the car.
  8. Carbon Steel

'14 Camaro V6 (manual)-step up from a 2.5?

I'm definitely a Chevy man, two corvetts, 65 and a 67 and a 65 super sport, a few pickup trucks, my current Avalanche driven correctly, without all the smog gear back in the day the mileage could be 20-22 with a 327 300 hp v8. My experience is way dated, but the gti is a totally different...
  9. Carbon Steel

Would you trade for a e46 M3??

http://www.carthrottle.com/7-reasons-why-you-might-not-want-to-own-an-e46-m3-part-1/
  10. Carbon Steel

5 Star wear Protection Plan

Has this ever been offered before? The All-New 2015 Golf and Golf GTI. (Preoreder) Received this in an email from VW Canada, with purchase Interior protection Repair of damage to interior vinyl, fabric and leather components. Paint repair Repair of scratches to the paint...
  11. Carbon Steel

What're you gonna do with your tax refund?

Put the money in my granddaughters 529 college fund.
  12. Carbon Steel

Car Washing Issues

Life's a Bitch and then you Die:)
  13. Carbon Steel

From Reddit: aftermath of MkV GTI electrical fire

So what was the cause of the fire?
  14. Carbon Steel

VW Bragging Rights?

What your next GTI might look like. . Bugatti Veyron Super Sport When the Volkswagen Group--that's right, the company that is literally named "people's car"--bought the Bugatti name in 1998, there was a lot of head-scratching going on. But the idea from the start in buying the French racing...