GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Chucky

1. C

How long to get MSO to tag new GTI?

I cash purchased new GTI in Houston. As I live in Louisiana, dealer was to mail me MSO so I could get my La. tag. It has been 3 weeks and no MSO. I called title clerk 5 days ago and she said they did not have MSO yet because car was obtained from another dealer, but she was working on it and...
  2. C

17" Stock Tires?

What make & model are the stock 17" tires on the '10 4 door GTI? I am going to pick up my car from dealer in Houston (200 miles) this weekend. Ordered car unseen so I don't know what tires are on the 17' wheels. Thanks, Chuck
  3. C

Fuel Pump Noise?

Was test driving a '10 GTI the other day. When salesman in back seat asked me about noise. After he said something, I heard a slow rythmic knock from back of car. I assume it was fuel pump or check valve in fuel system. It only did it for first two blocks of test drive and noise was there while...
  4. C

Fuel pump noise?

Moved
  5. C

Seats & Wheels

Went by Dealer yesterday to test drive a GTI. They had three. Two cars had 18" Detroit wheels and the other the 17" stock wheels. The sales lady could not find anything on the 18" Topas wheel as a option, although it's shown in brochure and I think on VW web site. Anyone know anything about...
  6. C

VW Supplier Program

I am getting ready to purchase a new GTI and just found out that as a SCCA member I can use the VW Supplier Program to get the car at dealer cost. I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has used the program? On the VW web site they have a list of companies whose employees are eligible. I...