GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dadasracecar

1. D

My mk6 gti is for sale.

Posting it here for those looking at tracking a gti. It's been to VIR and summit point and performs really well. http://bit.ly/1aZGiXX
  2. D

FS: 2010 GTI 4dr 6MT Autobahn - Track Ready!

Up for sale is my 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT 4dr Autobahn. It's got ~97,000 miles and has been well cared for. Mods: Engine: APR stage 2+ software - will set readiness codes for emissions inspection AWE catted downpipe - will pass emissions inspection Custom intake with AFE filter Oil changes every 5k...
  3. D

Federal speeding ticket - GW Pkwy- ???s

Got pulled last night for 61/45. I was speeding to get home to put the kids to bed. It was a clear night with no traffic. The park police cop pulled me over and wrote me up. My question is will it have an effect on my insurance. It's a federal ticket so I'm not even sure it will get reported in...
  4. D

Dedicated track car?

Just got the car back from Piper Motorsports with the new seats, harness bar, and harnesses. To date I've flushed the brake fluid with ate yellow, changed the front calipers, changed f&r pads to EBC yellows, changed the oil, diff oil, and trans oil, replaced the tires, and installed seats &...
  5. D

FS: AWE catback for mk6 gti.

I've decided to demod somewhat as I purchased a dedicated track car. Selling my awe catback. It's been on for about 10k miles and functions perfectly. No rubbing, droning, or weird rattles. Fitment is absolutely perfect. I took the whole thing down as a unit and marked everything so the next...
  6. D

FS: AWE-Tuning catback for mk6 gti round polished tips

I've decided to demod somewhat as I purchased a dedicated track car. Selling my awe catback. It's been on for about 10k miles and functions perfectly. No rubbing, droning, or weird rattles. Fitment is absolutely perfect. I took the whole thing down as a unit and marked everything so the next...
  7. D

Dedicated track car?

New meat installed. Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s. The car is transformed. 2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR Stg2, AWE tbe, ECS sways, Vogtland springs, SS lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HP+, Unibrace XB, DXD Stg 2 endurance, Peloquin LSD, 95k mi
  8. D

Dedicated track car?

Pulled the trigger on this baby. 2 owner, 128k, headers, hi flo cat, exhaust, Koni yellows, flying Miata springs, adjustable endlinks, Hard dog roll bar, butterfly brace & chassis strengthening braces, steering rack brace, front strut bar, Hawk HPS pads, ate fluid, stainless lines, redline...
  9. D

Why we need traction control defeat

Ran three sessions with NASA today at VIR. on the way home my car was making bad brake noises in the rear. Here's what I found. Left rear is left, right is right. We were running VIR full course which turns primarily to the right so my left rear traction control was going apeshit. These...
  10. D

March Madness at VIR 3/22-24

Anybody going? I'm registered and really excited for my first event of the season and first with the new LSD and clutch. I've done a coolant flush, brake flush, new tires, LSD, and clutch to get ready for the season. Hope to see someone from here out there. 2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR Stg2...
  11. D

WTB: tyrolsport rigid collar kit

If anyone is parting out or decided against installing, I'd be interested in taking your Tyrolsport subframe rigid collar kit off of your hands. 2010 GTI 4dr autobahn, APR Stg2, AWE tbe, ECS sways, Vogtland springs, SS lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HP+, Unibrace XB, DXD Stg 2 endurance, Peloquin...
  12. D

Harry's Lap Timer help

Does anybody here use this app on their phone. I bought it for $10.99 based on recommendation from a friend but am having a hard time figuring it out. I'd like to record track sessions with it but am worried about the storage requirements as my phone is a 16Gb. I have the app and have been...
  13. D

Coolant flush

Some pictures not that I'm less pissed. Coolant reservoir with cap removed. Lower radiator hose with intercooler pipe removed. Removing this connection was the only way i could drain the coolant. The fmic and tb pipe have gloves over them to prevent coolant from getting in. Small water...
  14. D

Coolant flush

Some pictures not that I'm less pissed. Coolant reservoir with cap removed. Lower radiator hose with intercooler pipe removed. Removing this connection was the only way i could drain the coolant. The fmic and tb pipe have gloves over them to prevent coolant from getting in. Small water...
  15. D

Coolant flush

]In preparation for this track season I did a coolant flush on my mk6 today. It totally sucked. First there are no DIYs that I can find anywhere. I drained the coolant at the lower rad hose but could only get about 1 ga out each time. I couldn't find capacity info but the 09 mk5 holds 2 gal. I...