GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by G-rig

1. G

Anyone changed the instrument cluster plastic to glass?

Hopefully there isn't a topic on this already but wondering if anyone has fitted better quality glass, similar to the MK5 purple glass. This is one area where the cost cutting is apparent on the MK6 and the plastic scratches very easily. Wouldn't mind doing it but not sure how easy etc.
  2. G

Has anyone replaced their GTI exhaust tips?

I'm liking the look of these, anyone know what they are? I think they suit the car nicely with it's straighter lines. Edit: just saw this post saying they are custom made by VW guys.
  3. G

Anyone installed an amp with the stock speakers?

Hi guys, I have noticed that the stock MK6 setup sounds a fair bit better than the MK5 setup did. Does amping the stock speakers make much of an improvement, there doesn't seem to be an amp in the MK6 as far as i can see. My factory fit MDI isn't playing gapless properly and sometimes skips a...
  4. G

Stainless Steel seat lever inserts

These aren't really new mods but never did them on my previous car. Small simple mods that lift the interior. Ordered these from gulfstream11 on GolfMKV for 11 GBP delivered. For best results prepare the plastic with Isopropanol to remove grease and allow better bonding. I used some neutral...
  5. G

OSIR O-Rest (dead pedal) Installed

OSIR O-Rest (dead pedal) Installed - RHD cars AUS delivered RHD cars don't have a matching dead pedal from the factory so got an Osir O-rest (from parts4euro). It's a good match with the other pedals but the finish was a bit dirty so I took the black plastic inserts out, gave it a clean with...
  6. G

Another new MK6 GTI signing in

Hi all, Decided to migrate over to the GolfMK6 Forums. I had a 6MT MKV R32 for two years but decided it was time for a change and got a MK6 GTI about a month ago. I wasn't planning on replacing my car so soon but but this came up at a dealer in a southern state from where I am, and by chance...