GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTIGuy17

1. GTIGuy17

Engine Whine

Update for those who are interested. Got codes read. Threw a bunch of misfires as well as p0507 and p2279. Found a video on youtube showing a test for the PCV valve on a BMW. Guy had the same whistle, popped out his dipstick while it was running an the whistle went away. I tried that and boom...
  2. GTIGuy17

Engine Whine

UPDATE: Removed the serpentine belt completely and checked the alternator and a/c compressor pulleys (guessing that's all that's hooked up to it) and nothing seemed to rotate abnormally. Ran the engine with the belt completely off and had no loud squeal like in the first video. I should mention...
  3. GTIGuy17

Engine Whine

Man seized would be great for finding the culprit lol. I will check on these when my filter dries and I put it back on the intake. Appreciate the help. I'll let you know what I find.
  4. GTIGuy17

Engine Whine

If one is messed up it would feel chunky or granular. Bad bearings? How would a clutched pulley feel compared to regular one? Just harder to turn? I replaced the alternator myself about 6 months ago. Not OEM. Wonder if that could be it. I did look at the serpentine belt earlier for slippage at...
  5. GTIGuy17

Engine Whine

Hey fam. I've got a 2012 GTI that is making a ridiculous engine whine/howl/screech that started today after I got a car wash. I've attached a video of the noise. My only mods are a Neuspeed intake and a Magnaflow cat back. It idles rough and the ECU revs the engine on it's own. The rev at the...
  6. GTIGuy17

VAGCOM near Coral Springs?

I'm gonna be over there this weekend and haven't had any luck finding someone with one on the West coast. I'll buy some lunch and beer for whoever helps.
  7. GTIGuy17

ECU Flash w/ Left Foot Braking

So the magical time has finally come. I've saved my pennies and have a build ready to go on paper (I'll post a build thread when the work gets started). Because this is my daily driver, I'm going to keep it at stage 1. I did some research on ECU flashes and was having a hard time deciding until...
  8. GTIGuy17

FS: Locking Lug Bolt Set and Key

*Deleted*
  9. GTIGuy17

FS ~ OEM Detroits 18"

*Deleted*
  10. GTIGuy17

FS ~ OEM Detroit 18"

*Deleted*