GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by iamgap

1. I

The official Hate thread.

When I used to live in St. Peters, MO, my neighbor was pulled over on I-70, in rush hour traffic, for doing 55 in the left lane. Ticket stated "Impeding the flow of traffic". The part of that ticket that was bogus is that the right lane was stop and go for the exit, the middle lane was crawling...
  2. I

To put this back on track... I hate cops who act like they are above the law, and don't follow the laws they enforce on others. I know this isn't all cops, but I sure see a lot around J'vil, NC breaking laws all the time. I also hate people that are out of, or VERY LOW on, blinker fluid...
  3. I

I have a co-worker that is on the local SERT Team, my wife's best friend is a former volunteer fireman (woman), and my wife's best friend's husband was the local fire chief. All have told me that they are not supposed to exceed the speed limit, but are allowed to as long as they aren't going...
  4. I

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that claim the other side of the argument is talking points and sound bites when they don't like what is being said. When they say that, I want to just quit talking to them because I know they are too closed minded to understand or listen to the other...
  5. I

I go fast enough to complete the pass, and then slow back down to the speed I was going when I caught up to them. If they were a real jerk about speeding up, I slow down faster than normal. I never just get behind them when they speed up, because I know they will eventually slow back down. gap
  6. I

What I hate, that the description above sounds an awful lot like the "liberal side" of our (USA) current Gov't. :( gap
  7. I

What was your last car?

I too, am a MOPOWER nut, but only pre-leanburn cars. I bought my 2.5l Golf for best-bang-4-$ reasons, and got hooked by the enthusiast bug when looking for a way to turn off the DRL. It's not quite the GTI, but it moves better than anything else it's size and cost. :) The oldest I have driven...
  8. I

Cops

Years ago I drove an over-the-road truck. I was driving up 69/75. I hadn't noticed that the speed limit dropped from 55 to 45. An OK State Trooper going the other way drastically slowed down. I looked in my side view mirror to see him turn around and drop a dime in the bubble gum machine. I...
  9. I

Someone just...

But I lived in missery back then, oh say 30ish years ago. gap
  10. I

Someone just...

I guess these are just more reasons to stay FAR AWAY from state farm. That was who I had when I was told it was collision instead of comprehensive. Of course, I had other issues with state farm, and I will never spend my money on that insurance company again. gap
  11. I

Someone just...

Something that looks like a kick, punch, or other intentional damage would be covered under comprehensive deductable, especially if your car is regularly near a place known to be occupied by UAW members. If it looks like damage that happened while the car was moving, it is covered under...
  12. I

Explain your User Name.

Could be worse. You could be a RAMS fan like me. Or they could have been beaten by the RAMS if they didn't have those two costly turnovers. :( gap
  13. I

Explain your User Name.

I second this, but it applies to NC (no Y. :) ). I grew up about half way between I-70 and I-44 (Wash. MO), and lived 5 miles from I-70 (Flying J) before moving east. It takes a LOT longer to go the same distances around here. I haven't used one of my favorite IDs in a while...
  14. I

Explain your User Name.

I had a 68 Monaco with the wedgehead. That was when gas was $.79 a gallon. If I still had that car, it would be a weekend only driver. gap
  15. I

Explain your User Name.

I started on the NET when I could use gap for my user name. As the NET grew, I found gap to already be used, so I wanted everyone to know that I am gap. I even tried to register a domain name to be able to continue using gap as my online identity, but The GAP beat me to it; even though they...