GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by itgvw

1. itgvw

Seeing Out of Tinted Windows

Hey guys so, I pretty much decided to get my windows tinted but am still unsure of which VLT % to get because of visibility concerns especially at night. I am considering 5-20% for the rear hatch, 35% rear doors, 50% front doors. Is tinting the front windshield a smart idea(50-75%) or is it...
  2. itgvw

MK5 roof the same as a MK6 roof?

Is it just me or did any of you guys read somewhere that the only thing that didn't change on the MK6 body was the roof? I ask because there is a website, i think its called bluebatmobile.net, that sells precut vinyl for the roof of the MKV.
  3. itgvw

Sunglasses

Do Not Buy at stores, just go there to try things on. I recommend online, which usually always have lower prices and no tax as well. My favorite is bestbuyeyeglasses, cause they have free shipping and coupon codes. I only where Ray-Bans so I would recommend wayfarers(with flex) which are...
  4. itgvw

K and N Filter vs Intake System

Hi, I am kinda new to modding and would like to know what to expect between just putting in a performance filter like a k and n and putting in a complete intake system like a APR carbonio? TIA
  5. itgvw

MK6 GTI Chin Spoiler

Hey guys, do you know where I can get the front chin spoiler found on European GTI's that US GTI's do not get? TIA.
  6. itgvw

What was your last car?

I came from a 96 accord. It was salvaged when my parents gave it to me. Compared to it, the GTI is like a Bentley.
  7. itgvw

Playing Music from SD Slot?

Hey guys. Can I play music stored on an SD card through the slot on the MK6 GTI standard audio? If possible, hows the quality? TIA
  8. itgvw

Painting the GTI Grille

Hey guys. Do you guys know around how much would a good paint job for the lower grille section like that in the pic would cost? TIA
  9. itgvw

C6 RS6 replica wheels.

Hey guys I plan on getting these wheels to replace the Huffs. The only problem is that the ones That I found have 35 mm offsets instead of the Huff's 45 mm offset (center bore is the same at 57.1). My question is how noticeable would it be with 10mm (0.4 in) sticking out of the wheel well? I...
  10. itgvw

2010 GTI Automobile Magazine Car of the Year

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/awards/1001_2010_automobile_of_the_year_2010_volkswagen_gti/index.html
  11. itgvw

DSG to get 24/32 for gas mileage?

So I was looking at the updated vw website and it said that the dsg gets 24/32 for gas mileage. Is this a typo or is it real? If so, how did vw do it? http://www.vw.com/gti/completespecs/en/us/
  12. itgvw

MK6 GTI's are in CA

So my dealer just contacted me and said that they have two GTI's already and I am going to test drive them this weekend. Super excited, right now.