GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Kcaps

1. K

2011 GTI 4dr 6MT

Less than 60K miles. GIAC Stage 2. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5189878922.html Message me and we can talk.
  2. K

Alarm issue

I just got Vagcom and did some basic tweaks via the thread with instructions. I did: Windows: Roll Up/Down with Key Wipers: Enable Tear Drop Wiping on Front Wiper Wipers: Enable Tear Drop Wiping on Rear Wiper Instruments: Disable Seatbelt Warning Instruments: Gauge Cluster Staging a.k.a Gauge...
  3. K

Dieaelgeek Sigma 6 install help please!

I bought a used setup off the marketplace here and started the install last night. Everything went well until I tried to insert the side to side cable end onto the cable. I think when it was installed on the last car it was torqued so hard that it permanently narrowed the channel for the cable...
  4. K

Preemptive Clutch Replacement?

I've got just over 50K on my 2011 6MT. I have just purchased a TBE and intake and will be getting a DM tune as soon as they go on sale. I like that DM has the programmer which will allow me to move from stage 1 to stage 2 without going in. Naturally I'm concerned about my clutch. I'm wondering...
  5. K

APR vs Driver Motorsport (DM)

I'm new to GTIs and just got my 2011 last month. I've been reading on here religiously and have a pretty good build plan. I want to start at stage 1 and move to stage 2. I do not want to skip stage 1 and go directly to stage 2. APR's sale is on right now and I can get a fully loaded tune for...
  6. K

Houston Area DIY Shop or someone willing to wrench with me?

Hey guys, I've just moved to The Woodlands just north of Houston from Canada. I'm currently in a rental and all my tools are still at home in Canada. I likely won't have then down for a couple of months. I've got a few projects I am lining up (downpipe or catback), and need tools to work. My...
  7. K

New GTI Owner - Build help!

Hey guys, I just bought a 2011 GTI 6MT from a buddy in California last week. I'm in the Houston area (just moved here last week from Canada). I'm loving the car so far, its quick, agile and looks awesome. It has 50,000 miles and has had the proper services done at the dealership (by previous...
  8. K

WTB: DieselGeek Short Shifter

Found