GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by king1138

1. king1138

Broken exhaust manifold bolt: ignore or fix?

If it were going in my car, I would fix it. It may leak, or it may not, but it's very difficult to repair in chassis.
  2. king1138

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

The truck bashing here always makes me laugh. I actually own a deleted diesel crew cab Super Duty... that went over 2,000 miles towing last year hauling a 25' camper, three kids, two dogs, and the wife. The only real benefit I have over those coal rolling bro-dozer douche bags, is I'm stock...
  3. king1138

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Not today, but yesterday had to put in new spark plugs after about 6k miles. Cylinder three must have had a hairline crack in the porcelain and it separated and blocked the electrode. The plus side is I got my 15 year old daughter to help, so now she knows how to work on her own car!
  4. king1138

I'll get to the torque arm eventually, but I'm still on K03 and only stage 1. I strongly recommend the insert at least, my shifts are so much smoother now...
  5. king1138

Clutch "squeaking" when slipped, and cold

My car is doing the exact same thing, I've been limping it along for a couple years now. Here's a YouTube video with the noise.
  6. king1138

P0036

Most likely your oxygen sensor has failed. Two codes for the same sensor is pretty telling, and heating malfunctions are most commonly the sensor itself. Should be a pretty easy swap, you'll need a 22mm (or 7/8") wrench or O2 sensor socket if you have one.
  7. king1138

I put in a dogbone mount insert last night, what a difference! Instantly smoother shifting and driving, and super minimal NVH. I went for the CTS Turbo insert, which is still pretty soft. I wish I had done it years ago.
  8. king1138

Clutch "squeaking" when slipped, and cold

Your throw out bearing is failing. It is a very common issue on factory throw out bearings. I recommend doing at least the clutch while you're in there, maybe also the rear main seal.
  9. king1138

Fuel Pump or Fuel Pump Control Module?

That sounds to me more like an issue with the Fuel Pump Control Module. Do you have access to fuel pressure testing equipment? Doing a fuel pressure test should be able to help you narrow it down to one or the other. But, if you're not able to test it, I would start with the module since the...
  10. king1138

Clutch first! Or, at least at the same time, haha. I don't get in a hurry when it comes to my car, it makes me happy every time I drive it as is!
  11. king1138

Agreed! I'm digging it so far.
  12. king1138

I finally installed a CAI! CTS Turbo's tax return sale was just too enticing to pass up...
  13. king1138

Thankfully I had a third candidate who did make an effort to be presentable.
  14. king1138

My last round of interviews I had two candidates come in with dirty t-shirts and jeans. Who TF can't even put on a clean t-shirt for a damn job interview?