GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lon888

1. L

4 Detroits w/o tires for sale

I have a nice set of Detroits for sale. These wheels are nowhere near perfect but they are nice and present well. One wheel has visible curb rash and 2 more have some minor marks. If you are willing to pay, I'm willing to ship them (U.S. only!). Send me a PM for photos. $300 (plus shipping)...
  2. L

Cold Start -up Issues

My GTI has 39K miles and on cold starts its acting like it has a slight miss. I don't have any CEL lights on and I ran a code check on it with negative results. I routinely run fuel injector cleaner through it, so there shouldn't be any moisture in the tank. The car doesn't really stumble but...
  3. L

Democrats shut down the government by refusing to negotiate with Republicans

My 2 cents from my perspective: 1. I'm a civllian government emplyoee at a miltary base. I'm actually lucky in some ways, my salary is paid by a foreign government and thus I'm exempted from the furloughs. Sadly, many of my co-workers aren't. None of know when this madness wil end or if we...
  4. L

FS Front Grille with Black and Red Emblem

I have an aftermarket front grille with a red and black VW emblem on it. The grille is good quality and while it doesn't fit as nice as an OEM grille, it does work out quite well. It was used only 2 weeks. I'll take $50 for it plus shipping. I'll ship anywhere including international. Sale...
  5. L

MK7 GTI or GTD?

I've been reading some of the technical articles about the new GTI and GTD engines and neither one of them gives me a warm fuzzy for durability or reliability. GTI - The exhaust manifold is cast onto the cycliner head and will have some sort of "thermal management system" built in it. It seems...
  6. L

My Fathers New Twin Turbo VW!

Actually the Renault Espace created the modern mini van market. Chrysler (MOPAR - My Old Plymouth Ain't Runnin') had some good leadership to pick up on the idea and run with it. Sorry, Chrysler wasn't the first.
  7. L

If you were gay, how gay would you be? (with POLE)

This tight-end isn't becoming a wide receiver. The ladies are far and away my favorite species. They got lots of soft lumpty-bumps.
  8. L

2015 Civic Type R (2.0L Turbo)

The more I look at the car and the video, the more it makes me think that is it is being homogolated for the British Touring Car Championship - which means we won't get it! If the BTCC was popular over here or if was carried routinely on the Velocity Channel, then maybe. But since its not...
  9. L

2015 Civic Type R (2.0L Turbo)

That picture looks awfully like the current Type-R sold in europe right now. That makes me think this car won't be coming to our shores - we'll get a third rate R ...again.
  10. L

College Football Chat Thread!

I'd laugh my azz off if Johnny Wanker gets booted off the team. He's stated he hates Texas A+M any way. Serves him right.
  11. L

Code 08213!!!

My check engine kept coming on, so I pulled out my trusty code checker and got code 08213-016 or -214. I took my car in this morning to the dealer for repairs. I got a call around 2 in the afternoon telling me my car was repaired and it required a new intake because the intake manifold flap...
  12. L

Code 08213

I kept getting a check engine, so I pulled out my trust code reader and got a code 08213-160 or -214. So I finally found the time to drop the car at the dealer for servicing. I just a call from them and they had to replace the entire intake manifold due to the throttle position sensor that is...
  13. L

Any advantages to MK7 being built in Mexico?

Hopefully the days of a 3 to 4 month delivery time won't be happening any more. Since their labor costs are less, maybe we'll get some of the stuff the euro cars get such as under seat storage and puddle lights.
  14. L

Stay safe Oklahoma MK6'ers

I'm fortunate I live in north Oklahoma City. We only had some wind damage from the past 2 days of storms. However, my GTI got hit 3 weeks ago when we had a massive hail storm. She wasn't hurt too bad - I'll be taking her to the paintless dent place on May 28. At this point my heart is going...
  15. L

Game of Thrones - SPOILERS based on TV Show ONLY

He claimed he was a Karstark - but he also went onto say that he lies. When Rob gave the head Karstark guy a haircut down to his neck - there went the Stark - Karstark alliance.