GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by potatohead

1. P

Can a G revision diverter valve fail without being torn?

I have had APR Stage one on my car about 15 months I guess, probably 8 - 9k miles. Car has 56k total. I have noticed a pretty substantial loss in power the last few weeks. A couple weeks ago I went for a long drive and got the P0299 code. I pulled the valve later that day and inspected it and...
  2. P

Major problems with fuel gauge accuracy

Twice now, my car has ran out of fuel while the gauge was indicating no real problem. About two months ago, it ran out when the needle was about halfway into the red. MFI showed 10 miles to empty. I've had it lower than that before several times (not good I know) and I was surprised when it was...
  3. P

FS - Magnaflow cat-back

Only had on the car 3 - 400 kilometres. It's just a little louder than I would ideally like. I would prefer a local sale but I will ship at buyer's expense. Looking for $550 CAD. Thanks
  4. P

Bilstein B12 Kit... Euro Sportline springs?

I was looking into some Bilsteins and DG springs for my car, but I am afraid the DG springs might not be quite enough of a drop. They also kind of fit into a grey area with ride height where neither the Bilstein Sport or the HD (B8 or B6) are really in the ideal working range. Anyway, I found...
  5. P

GT5 snub?

Well, if they included it, the game probably wouldn't come out until 2013 or so
  6. P

Quick questions about the MFD/I

Hey guys Just picked up my GTI last night, so far, so good :thumbsup: When I drove the car off the lot, the MFI displayed the km/h digitally, I guess known as the alternate speed display. It was large and took up just about the whole MFI. This was before I had gone into the setup menu of the...
  7. P

2011 GTI MFD options

Anyone with a 2011 in Canada, help me out here... I was reading a thread on Vortex and it seems a couple of the guys in the US with 2011's are able to turn the DRL's on/off with the MFD. They can also set the brightness of the footwell lights. I am wondering if Canadian GTI's have the same...
  8. P

VW Golf Mk7 (Yes, Seven)

Honestly, I don't want to like the MkVII because I want to keep the MkVI for a while... lol. If that rendering is at all accurate, I do like it, although probably not enough of a change to warrant another switch.
  9. P

Thinking of ordering 2011 GTI

Hi guys. I am obviously new to this board but if anyone was on golfmkv I was known as RedRabidRabbit on that board, so I have been around these cars a little while. Anyway, I am very interested in ordering a 2011 GTI within the next 4 - 6 weeks. I am also considering a 2011 WRX, but I am...