GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rmidler

1. R

vw of America "Customer Care"

With multiple posts/threads on water pump failures, I thought you all would be interested in an exchange I recently had with a "Customer Care" agent at VW of America. If any of you would like to let them know how you feel, please use the customer care incident number cited. This way perhaps it...
  2. R

winding roads for back road burners

Since it's the "hard tires no grip" season, why don't we start thinking about our favorite roads for those sticky summer tires or just a pleasant spring drive? I propose starting a list of "best drives". Anyplace in NE is fair game. Perhaps roads that seem most appropriate for a spirited drive...
  3. R

headlight wiring harness color code

I'm about to install some Hella "Black Magic" driving lights. I want the relay to be triggered by the parking lights or the high beams ( I'll use a single pole double throw switch to choose). Does anyone know the color code for the standard (not hid)headlight harness so I don't have to play...
  4. R

WTB 225X18 40 PROFILE

PREFER PIRELLI P 0 ALL SEASON. HAVE REPAIRED WHEEL (INSURANCE PAID FOR NEW ONE). WANT TO USE AS SPARE SO DOES NO HAVE TO BE PERFECT BUT DOES NEED TO BE SAFE. IN WESTERN MA.. WILL DRIVE A BIT TO GET.
  5. R

bug/stone protection

does anyone have experience with either front end "bras" or deflectors? Just to short circuit some of you with excess testosterone, I will concede you all have the other kind of bra experience. I will driving across interstate 80 in PA in the fall/winter. The truck traffic is always heavy. I...
  6. R

those Germans and their strange tools

After 30+ yrs of American. English and Japanese cars I have discovered that the Germans just have to be different. If anyone is looking for a nice selection of torx bits and triple squares, online sears is pretty good. The retail store (a large one in Holyoke, Ma) did not have triple squares and...
  7. R

passage through firewall?

just got a new 12 gti Vl. Have driven Suburbans for 20 yrs. Beast of truck but easy to work on - you can just about stand in the engine compartment. So has anyone found a way to pass on electrical lead through the firewall? Perhaps I need to hire a 5yo to help me. Things look awfully tight...
  8. R

fuse box maps

anyone have a link for fuse box maps, both the dash box and the underhood box? There was a UK link last year but the link is dead. This is the first car I've owned that did not include a map in the owners manual. Thanks to all.....