GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by samguan

1. S

Need advice on brake issue.

Had to replace my brakes and rotors because rear driver side worn down to metal, all other ones are fine. Discovered one of the slider pins was rusted, as a temporary measure I was able to clean it up and lubed it until the new parts arrived. Even after all of that - which I thought should fix...
  2. S

Doors never sound the same after accident

So I recently got into an accident and after repairing it at my preferred shop, the door just doesn’t sound the same. The front door was replaced with one from a wreck yard, insurance company only covers new OEM if it is a safety part. The door sounds fine from outside when closing but from...
  3. S

Can't turn engine over with spark plugs off. Done?

This is an engine that has been leaking oil for a while. We decided to replace rear main seal and put on a new clutch. Also we installed a new PCV valve. We had a few times where we got low oil pressure light due to low oil and we had to top it up. So the engine is not in great condition but...
  4. S

New clutch installed, loud slapping noise when cranking

Sorry for posting about a MKV here, I hope to get more audience since they are similar in many ways and we have a MK6 as well. I have 09 GTI that have seen too many problems decided to retire it 6 months ago due to leaking oil. Anyways, couple weeks back we decided since it's sitting in the...
  5. S

Car won't start unless boosted?

Ok... I've been noticing that my car on several occasional struggled a little more than usual to start and I thought it was normal. Then this morning my car wouldn't start and I have to get it boosted. Then I drove for 1.5HR and came back home and the battery is dead again seems like it's not...
  6. S

Rotational grinding noise coming to stop

I replaced all 4 rotors and pads about 1 month ago and everything seemed fine, I did the proper break-in. I was experiencing rotational grinding noise when coming to a stop that's why I decided to replace the rotors because I though they were warped. Brakes are nice and smooth! Today I...
  7. S

Popping knocking sound front

I've been having the popping clunking for a while now, so I searched and many are saying that it's the subframe bolts loosened. So I went to tighten the bolts, 18mm bolts are loosened so I tightened them to the correct torque. But the 4 smaller bolts that are attached to the sway bar bushings...
  8. S

PowerStop Z23 - Not too bad

Our 2.5L needed new rotors badly and I've been researching on which to buy on budget. Budget of course doesn't mean I ignore safety and I do my research. I came across PowerStop brand and I've seen various legitimate shops selling these: ECS, Rockcliff Auto and Amazon and after reading some...
  9. S

Few drops of coolant in oil..URGENT

Was doing my engine oil today, i used the same funnel that I used for coolant but I wiped it clean but didn't wipe inside the funnel tip. So as I was pouring the engine oil, I noticed a drop or two of red coolant went into my engine... the funnel has been sitting there for couple months so I...
  10. S

MKV Parting out - MKV/MK6 parts - Exhaust, Steering, Shift Knobs

Parting out some MKV/MK6 GTI parts. Items are located in Toronto, Canada, willing to work out shipping deals if interested. 1. Milltek Sport R32 Style Cat-Back Exhaust Resonated with Rear Valence MKV $800CAD NOTES: There are scratches and minor dents on the exhaust to due occasional rubbing...
  11. S

Will APR have a spring 2015 sale?

I know they got bought out a while back and I tried google, couldn't find what I wanted to know which is do they still have the sales after getting bought out? Thanks
  12. S

Car shuddering at idle..no misfire

Ever since I've had my fuel injectors replaced and carbon cleaned out. My car would shudder at idle, every second or two the engine would shudder. It is really annoying sometimes really noticeable. Did a scan with Vagcom and no misfire count as well as all readings are fine. The shuddering...
  13. S

Stage 1. Have to ask again.

I can't event count how many threads I've read about the APR Stage. I would say 95% of people are happy and 5% feel no difference at all. Afraid to be within that 5%. $600 is not a lot of $$, but I really want to get my $$ worth. The reason why I think I would be in that 5% is because I...
  14. S

Replacing broken ignition coil connector

Does anyone have any experience replacing the ignition coil connector? Other then pushing the pins out with a flat screw driver and the risk of breaking it more, are there any alternatives? If I were to take this to a vw shop, is there a special tool or would they have to replace the whole...
  15. S

Would you consider an accident car.

My friend is looking to buy an used CC 3.6 and found this car from an used car dealership(private but with good reviews from different forums). The problem is the accident was under $5000 which can seem a lot but not really a lot if the repair was done at a legit body shop. He says he doesn't...