GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by SirFlux

1. SirFlux

Finally got the car back.

As the title says... I have gone ~ a month without my GTI. Someone in my apartment complex hit my car while it was parked. It was hit bad enough that the insurance adjuster said it was not drivable. The bumper was pushed into the left tire and there were speculations of suspension issues. I...
  2. SirFlux

10-30 Meet

Interested in a New England meet? 10-30 is the date. Write your location so we can plan a route. If you have any other suggestions leave them below! Norwood, MA.
  3. SirFlux

Front windows speed

I did a quick search of the forum and I didn't find any past threads on this matter. The front passenger side and driver side windows do not raise and lower at the same speed when hit synchronously. The driver side is quick up and down. Has anyone else noticed this with their car?
  4. SirFlux

No waterspots

In the past, when I would wash my car I would develop waterspots on the paint and glass. All the hard work that went into cleaning the car was ruined. I've tried a number of techniques but I have found one that is by far the best. I bought an Absorber (similar to those Shamwows). I'm sure many...
  5. SirFlux

Post your milestones

I have always been a lush for automotive milestones. Let's see what you in the community have out there. Check out this recent one I hit. Leet :lol:
  6. SirFlux

Whats your occupation?

Damn right !
  7. SirFlux

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hi everyone. I too am a new VW driver. I just got out of a 2007 Civic and I am now behind the wheel of a 2010 GTI. What a magnificent vehicle. The entire package feels luxurious and sporty for a fair price. I have been out of college for a year now and I finally had enough saved to...
  8. SirFlux

My new ride

After years of car research, about 9 months of trolling forums, reading reviews, watching youtube videos and day dreaming of this car, the GTI is finally mine :happyanim:. '10 MK6 GTI Black Autobahn Package Bi-Xenon headlamps 18" Detroit Alloys DSG 4-Door I wasn't even sad to see the Civic...
  9. SirFlux

Sold my soul to VW for the next 5 years...

...and I couldn't be happier.:thumbup: 4 Door DBM GTI, DSG, Autobahn, Bi-Xenon, 18" Detroit. I won't get it for a couple of days though, not until all the paperwork is finalized. But it's got a nice SOLD sign hanging from the rear view mirror. Pics to come !
  10. SirFlux

Whats your occupation?

-Purchasing the GTI this month- MRI Technologist
  11. SirFlux

Is the dealer BS'ing?

I tested a CW DSG back in January and I should have purchased it then, I suppose I wasn't ready for a purchase of this magnitude. Anyhow, I wanted to test another GTI to make sure it is the car I want. The GTI is perfect for me, I love it. My ideal car: CW DSG 4 Doors Autobahn Xenons (I...
  12. SirFlux

VW college grad programs

Hello everyone- New to the forum but I have been reading articles daily for months. I have graduated from college over a year ago and landed a great job in a very secure field. That said, it's time to dump the Civic for something fun, sporty, somewhat luxurious and unique. I test drove a...