GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by slate83

1. S

FS: 2011 GTI, 30K miles, 4 dr., M/T, White

SOLD: 2011 GTI, 30K miles, 4 dr., M/T, White SOLD I am selling my GTI after purchasing a Honda S2000. Looking for $16,000. The car is in great shape -- while I've had it, I've traveled (via jet plane) and worked from home so it wasn't driven a lot. I put about 22,000 miles on it since...
  2. S

FS: AFE Power Catback Exhaust - $500 + OEM OBO

FS: AFE Power Catback Exhaust - $250 + OEM OBO - SOLD SOLD This catback exhaust retails for $837. http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=49-46405& It's in perfect condition. Only selling because I am selling my car and figure most buyers will not want an aftermarket exhaust. The...
  3. S

FS: Schroth Quick Fit Harness for VW and Audi

SOLD $180 (will ship at buyer's expense) I am selling a Schroth Quick Fit (quick-release) racing harness. This has only been lightly used during autocrosses and a single track day. It is in perfect condition. A couple of links to the item...
  4. S

FS: Driver Side OEM side skirt (new in box)- $40

SOLD I recently purchased a set of OEM side skirts for my 2011 GTI because the passenger side one was damaged. I have no need to replace the driver's side side skirt so this one is up for sale. The box was opened to take out the one I needed but the driver's side side skirt was never removed...
  5. S

Catback Exhaust fitments

I've been researching catback exhaust systems for my 2011 GTI and I'm a complete noob on the subject, so please forgive my ignorance. There are a lot to choose from so I am trying to find some desired attributes in order to narrow down the choices. One thing I read about was the differences in...
  6. S

hub centering rings falling out of wheel

Alright, I've done the necessary Googling and not found an existing post so here goes: I bought some Enkei RPF1s from Tire Rack and they were nice enough to include a set of plastic hub centering rings. The fit is great and I've had no bumpiness. However, I change these wheels often as I only...
  7. S

For Sale: White Grille Stripes

These do have a few dings that are visible when holding them in your hand or up close but shouldn't be noticeable while on the vehicle. I took some more detailed pictures, focusing on these. I never put these on my car but in my opinion, it looks like normal wear for the front end of a vehicle.
  8. S

For Sale: White Grille Stripes

I purchased the four white grille stripes from this build page: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28264 Some pics from that page: and then a friend of mine talked me in to keeping the red. Nothing wrong with the white ones I received and it wasn't a case of putting them on...
  9. S

Rear VW Emblem Removal

I replaced 3 items recently, one of which was the rear VW emblem. I found a credit card difficult to use but a razor blade gets in there nicely. After getting it popped up a little bit, I made the mistake of switching to a screwdriver, which scratched some of the car's paint around the edge of...
  10. S

broken bolt for bushing bracket on rear sway bar

While installing a Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar yesterday, I overtightened one of the bolts that goes into the bushing bracket (top one on driver's side bushing bracket). Used a ratchet that was too long for the job. The head snapped off cleanly but the remainder of the bolt is still in the...
  11. S

broken bolt for bushing bracket on rear sway bar

While installing a Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar yesterday, I overtightened one of the bolts that goes into the bushing bracket (top one on driver's side bushing bracket). Used a ratchet that was too long for the job. The head snapped off cleanly but the remainder of the bolt is still in the...
  12. S

Speed Bleeder Sizes

Have seen folks ask about the proper sizes for speed bleeders on vwvortex and the mk5 site but not on here. I installed Speed Bleeders on all 4 brakes today and can confirm that the SB1010S is a proper fit for the brakes. Per the folks at speedbleeder.com, the size for the clutch bleeder should...