GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by squall

1. squall

MK7 VW Golf R vs. B8.5 Audi S4

or have the best of both worlds.. z06 styling and coupe pricing... get a 1999 FRC in artic white like this one: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5274934143.html
  2. squall

The Next Car Swap

that does seem a bit on the low side. that is what i was seeing on average when i had the 2015 sti. it has got to be something in your tune.
  3. squall

The Next Car Swap

I think that is why I gave up on the small displacement turbo platform and went back to an lsx motor. It is just so simple to make good power with very little. A simple cai, long tubes and a fast 102 manifold and your at 400 to the wheels in a c6...safe and reliable.
  4. squall

The Next Car Swap

so true.. i eventually gave up and put in a ppg dogbox. that trans was awesome, but the straight cut gear whine gets to you for street driving after a while. lol.
  5. squall

The Next Car Swap

he cut a 1.66 60ft that netted a 11.898 @115 mph. You have to slip the clutch not dump it in a subie, otherwise they tend to bog or break shafts. i've done both in the past. lol
  6. squall

The Next Car Swap

hmm, i'm not sure. i know they do great work with porsche. one of my subcontractors at work actually owns the 2003 911 turbo that the owner of 034 motorsports used to own. that car is a beast. there are a few good tuners here on the east coast. prime motoring just ran 11.8s with the stock turbo...
  7. squall

The Next Car Swap

Do you have any reputable accessport/ ecutek tuners out by you? wouldn't it just be easier to have one custom dyno/ road tune done rather than trying to find the "be all end all" tune with all these rev's? That is what i did with my subarus. It was strong, safe and reliable...one and done.
  8. squall

Looking for opinions from previous STI owners...

nice. yeah, that's why i have a 96 pathfinder 4x4. its a beast for off roading, the beach, snow, etc. then i have the vette for fun. its the best of both worlds, keeps the miles down on both and the wear and tear as well.
  9. squall

simple. the corvette is a much better all around sports car. in my c5 zo6, with just headers, a tune and some drag radials, i was just as fast as my 05 sti with a gt30 (before the gt35) and all the supporting mods (fmic, injectors, exhaust, utec em, etc). which car do you think is under more...
  10. squall

you wont want a c6z06. they have major head problems. every one of them drops a valve sooner or later. you are better of with an ls2 or ls3. look for a z51 package like i have. it comes with bigger brakes, swaybars, shocks, struts, springs, a trans cooler, oil cooler and a powersteering cooler...
  11. squall

nope, the chassis is the same. they did some minor changes to the center diff, but it is basically the same car with a different nose, head lights, and tail lights. you can def pick up a nice c5 for that kind of money. i sold my sti for a c5 z06 back in 2007...best move i ever did. but you...
  12. squall

i love the evo IX's. the are easy to work on and make very quick with almost nothing. the only issues i remember from most of my friend's older cars were the clutches in the GSR's and the 6sp's themselves in the MR's. To be honest if I were younger and had to do it over again, I would go for an...
  13. squall

I had two 05 subies. one being a wrx and the other an sti. not to metion that i just sold my 2015 sti as well. there is no such thing as a bug eye sti in north america. bug eyes are from 02-03. the blob eyes are from 04-05 and the hawk eyes from 06-07. An sti is a very different car than a wrx...
  14. squall

The Next Car Swap

Haha. Yeah, I guess you have a point. The new FA motor hasn't really been proven yet. I'm OG EJ school. It's def better to be safer than out of warranty and sorry...
  15. squall

The Next Car Swap

i disagree with the pain to tune comment. It's all in who the tuner is. i've had 3 subies all with different tunes from different tuners... if your familiar with the subie scene, jr tuned one, cleo another and also jermaine at turboxs for another.. all different setups..all one and done. I had a...