GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Talguy

1. Talguy

Looking for rear sway bar bushings

I'm looking for replacement sway bar bushings for my rear APR sway bar. I think it's 27mm in diameter. I've contacted APR and they don't have any. Does anyone know where I can find some? Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
  2. Talguy

Cracked my exhaust

So Friday it got really cold in CT. Half way through an hours highway cruise I notice my car was getting louder. Rolled down the windows and I could hear my car sounding like a tractor which told me my exhaust cracked. I would like to get it repaired and was wondering if anyone has ever had an...
  3. Talguy

Fog Light Projectors

Does anyone know where I can buy fog light housings with projectors built in for a MK6 GTI?
  4. Talguy

Urgent Help with Suspension install

Ok so I had a spring break in half on my ST coilovers the other day. I'm currently in the process of reinstalling the stock suspension and I can't get the passenger side strut out and the drive shaft sway bar is preventing the driveshaft from dropping more. I know I would have a lot more...
  5. Talguy

Calling all 17/18Z brake owners

I'm about to install my 18z brakes but have to use my Detroit wheels for winter. What size spacers do I need to clear the 18zs?
  6. Talguy

Euro Light Switch Vag-Com Coding

I've had the euro light switch installed for a while. Its create I love the ability to run just my fog lights. However, I have a question. Is there a way to set up the euro switch so that when I turn my car off it automatically turns off my lights when in the DRL/Fog-Only position (Middle...
  7. Talguy

2013 Passat Halogen Headlights suck

So I finally wiped out VCDS and upped the voltage on the headlights. Man that made a noticeable difference. My GF is going to drive around for the next week with just the higher voltage and then we'll see if we'll buy better bulbs. Her passat does not have fog lights unfortunately.
  8. Talguy

Thanks for the tips. I was planning to aim her lights up. How much did you increase the voltage by? I would love to install some HID headlights in her car but she's not willing to invest in them even if I cough up half the costs.
  9. Talguy

So my girlfriend has a 2013 Passat SE with the halogen headlights, man they do not have any output distance on them at night. Besides realigning them what else could I do to increase the brightness for her safety and that won't blind others at night? looking for some options that are under $200
  10. Talguy

So my intake manifold imploded spectacularly

Just posting this to rant a little bit and to get everyone's opinion of my situation. So I finally got the infamous P2015 code for a failed intake manifold and man did it fail. The mechanic found bits of the plastic within the cylinder. They replaced the whole thing under the extended part...
  11. Talguy

Looking for All-season tires

I'm looking for some new all-season tires for my fall/winter/spring wheels. Could someone suggest some choices especially ones that are pretty good in the snow since I live in new england.
  12. Talguy

Will the MK7 Headunits fit our cars?

I really want android auto in my car and was wondering if anyone knew if the MK7 headunits would fit in our cars? These units
  13. Talguy

Looking for artwork of vintage racecars

Those are really nice. A little pricey for prints but super nice. ooo good call. I really like this one What would also be awesome is an exploded view of an F1 car. Been trying to find one
  14. Talguy

Looking for artwork of vintage racecars

I just moved into a new apartment and would like to add some vintage racecar artwork to my bachelor pad. If you know of any good ones drop a link here even if its an image file that I could get printed.
  15. Talguy

Help me solve my CEL

So the other day I started getting a CEL. It usually wouldn't be illuminated in the morning when it was cold but later in the day it would come back when it warmed up. I scanned my car with the VAG-COM and these are the codes I got. Does anyone know what they are or how to fix them? I would...