GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by WTF-IDK

1. WTF-IDK

Please help me pick a wheel color for my GTI.

My car is a candy white two door. Three out of four wheel have light curbing. No huge gauges but I know it's there. I just scored new to me good used tires and I'm going to try and fix my wheels. As they're like the Detroits and have a mechined finish I'll never be able to match them. So...
  2. WTF-IDK

What parts for valve carbon clean?

My GTI has about 80K. I need to do a valve carbon clean. I'll get a CEL when I start it in the morning. It'll stumble for a few seconds then smooth out. I've been looking at the DIY for valve cleaning but I can't figure out if I need to replace any parts. Like the intake gasket and the like...
  3. WTF-IDK

CT north east car cruise.

Volkswagen/German car cruise. Saturday September 26. Starting at Harry's Place in Colchester. 104 Broadway St Colchester, CT 06415-1020 Meet up and drive starts at 1 o'clock. If you want to have food, please get there early and eat before hand. From Harry's the drive will be. Routs 16...
  4. WTF-IDK

CT north east car cruise.

Volkswagen/German car cruise. Saturday September 26. Starting at Harry's Place in Colchester. 104 Broadway St Colchester, CT 06415-1020 Meet up and drive starts at 1 o'clock. If you want to have food, please get there early and eat before hand. From Harry's the drive will be. Routs 16...
  5. WTF-IDK

Sub woofer wiring

I need some advice. I have a Memphis audio sub. Is has a dual VC. At this time I have it wired together to a two channel amp bridged. Not sure if it's parallel or in series. Anyway to my question. My amp will go into thermal protection on a really loud hard hitting song. My buddy just gave...
  6. WTF-IDK

Where do you stash your pistol when you're driving?

I got a friend who's into guns. But he lives right near the state line. He can't take his gun/guns across the line. So any time he wants to go shoot. He has to go 45 minutes out of his way. I know. Cool story BRO.
  7. WTF-IDK

RENNWAGEN

Got my new plates installed. Custom euro front plate to match my state vanity plates.
  8. WTF-IDK

New spam?

What's with all the spam? New spam in the local New England thread. Can mods please help? Thanks. Bryan.
  9. WTF-IDK

Window tinting. North central CT?

I'm looking for a window tinting place. North central CT. Or western mass. I've searched but nothing in my area. I bought my car used and the rear window was replaced but it didn't get tinted before I got it. Thanks for your help. Bryan.
  10. WTF-IDK

Window tinting western Mass?

I'm looking for a window tinting place. North central CT. Or western mass. I've searched but nothing in my area. I bought my car used and the rear window was replaced but it didn't get tinted before I got it. Thanks for your help. Bryan.
  11. WTF-IDK

Vinyl wrapping my mirrors. Any tips?

I got some black vinyl from my work. I'm going to cover my white caps. I don't like how muck they stick out (visually) against my tints. I'm looking for any tips from anyone that has put vinyl on their caps. I have a heat gun to help stretch it. Thanks. Bryan.
  12. WTF-IDK

What's your first name and occupation?

Hi I'm Bryan. Now I work for a DPW. I used to be a volkswagen tech.
  13. WTF-IDK

Only one pic. Your favorite

Let's see your favorite pic of your car. Please keep it to one only. If you post up one pic today and get a better one tomorrow. Then post the new one. I'll go first. My new favorite pic of my car.
  14. WTF-IDK

Mk7 GTI rear window "wings"

Yup. Those are for gas mileage. They should be body color. I guess all MK7's should be black.
  15. WTF-IDK

Mk7 GTI rear window "wings"

They got I few new ones at the dealer down the street. But I haven't stopped in for a look. Or a test drive. ;) got ant pics of the "wings"?