GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

connecting an iphone / ipod

hello, just got myself an iphone after never thinking i would get one hence why i never had the package for it installed at time of buying my mk6. i have an s golf model which has the basic system with no dock or aux input, any advise on the best methods of listening to my music be it a vw...
  2. S

touch up paint method

just ordered some from VW i have 2 hairline cracks in the lip of the roof where it meets the windscreen and a small chip on the lip of the rear right side arch. anyone know of a guide or process i should follow. as it stands i will be touching it up with a single strand plucked from a paint...
  3. S

Pictures please... (wheel sizes)

been looking into tyre sizes and as i never changed from stock on any of my cars i never knew there was so much to it... relating to differences of the clocks read outs and odometer current alloys are 15's with 195.65.15 tyres after my research i have found the closest on a 17 inch alloy would...
  4. S

ABT Golf MK6

i came across this thread with the ABT kit on a MK6 golf... personally i'm not feeling it. sadly i dont like the front bumper, the sides, the wheels, the exhaust and diffuser :( could have been driven through halfords and came out nicer unfortunately! taken from...
  5. S

am i the most unlucky person or what?

after 3 months i have had the following problems 1. stone chip in passenger front window 2. i chipped the door on my next-door neighbours 'NEW' wall (i could have killed myself) the wall has now been took down and i straight away had it painted out, looks perfect. 3. puncher on rear driver...
  6. S

cleaning the clocks / dials

Whats the best method people have found for this? i have been just 'dusting' them with a soft lint free cloth but have noticed in direct light that they appear a tiny bit swirled. i cant decided if i should try a bit of the autoglym vinyl and rubber care or maybe the autoglym glass polish to...
  7. S

tapping / ticking from behind the steering wheel

im in the process of getting the little noises sorted on my car now, firstly is the b pillar creaking noise which i have linked them to all the information hear and from another couple of places i have heard solutions from, so thanks... the other noise i have is coming from behind the steering...
  8. S

Scirocco Interlagoes

Has anyone fitted the Scirocco Interlagoes to their MK6? or know of some pictures to link up please I hear story's that you need to take out some bolts from under the front arch and tuck the panel in else where to allow enough clearance also when i enquired about them with VW all he said was...
  9. S

bonnet bra's

anyone put one on their mk6? i'm wondering how they look against the candy white if anyone knows of any pictures to link me to. i have got a feeling it will look more 'boy racer' then i want though...:(
  10. S

Squeal when locking

Over the last week my golf has developed a squeal when i double press the lock button or when i close the hatch after only unlocking the boot from the remote key. it sounds like its coming from the petrol cap cover so i am guessing its something connected to the mechanism that locks that off...
  11. S

Pressed Metal Number Plates

Looking to pick some up soon, can anyone recommend a UK suppler. Also whats the laws these days? i understand its no longer legal to have the German logo, lettering and colours...
  12. S

Side Window Stone Chips!!!

im gutted really bad, 2 days ago i noticed a tiny stone chip in my front passenger side window (right hand drive, 3 door) I have spoke to my insurance group and a couple of glass repair places and they all tell me it cant be fixed like a windscreen can and will need replacing at a cost of £50...
  13. S

My MK6 1.6 TDI

picked it up 17 days ago now after a painstaking 4 month wait, but it was worth it to get it on the new reg plates. Needles to say i have not had much time to get on the internet as i have been to busy driving or cleaning it. Its still got the standard wheels on unfortunately i could only have...
  14. S

New Car Inspection

My Golf is due to arrive in March at last!!! its been a painstaking wait of 3 months so far, but its going to be worth it I'm sure of that. Can anyone help me with a 'check list' so to speak of things i need to be looking over before i take it away off the forecourt? I can guess the obvious...