GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

FS: Avant Garde - pick up only! (Maryland)

I'm selling a set of Avant Garde. I can't remember what model they are but here is the pic that they were on the car. I'm asking $100 for the set. The tires are worn. No I won't take the tires off. Pick up only! Lusby, MD.
  2. B

2011 VW GTI K04, LSD (no damage but needs a new engine) $3900 OBO

Apparently due to an oil pump failure at 94,000 miles, the car needs a new engine. The body and transmission are in the pristine condition. I'm asking $3900 (MD/DC/VA) OBO. I'm not responsible for towing. The car is a 4 door manual full loaded Autobahn with navigation. The mods: WaveTrac LSD...
  3. B

What is that noise?

It happens almost every time when I take off in the first gear. It has not been like that. :iono: http://s451.photobucket.com/user/boomboy2k/media/20141125_170747.mp4.html
  4. B

2011 VW GTI K04, LSD, $17000 OBO (DC/MD/VA)

2011 VW GTI parted out K04, LSD, OEM Rear LED, etc I bought a 2015 Mustang and would like to part out and sell the car. The car has 90000 miles with a ton of mods. Tell me which part you are interested in and we can negotiate a sale. New price: $10000 OBO 2011 VW GTI Autobahn (leather seats...
  5. B

Boost leak?

I could only hold 15 psi on APR K04. That seems a little low.
  6. B

K04 1/4 mile

I drag raced for the first time at Waterfest and I won class B3 unexpectedly. I'm not sure if I got incredibly lucky or everybody else just sucked. ;) The best time I could achieve is 13.923. Is that normal for a manual with a K04? That was with 93 octane fuel and summer tires. What could I do...
  7. B

misfire and evap errors

I'm 62k miles and I had replaced spark plugs and coil packs at 42k miles. The car runs fine. I scanned the code with VCDS. Can anybody tell me what the problem could be? 6 Faults Found: 000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected P0300 - 000 - - Intermittent...
  8. B

New shoes

Before: Avant Garde M310 They are for sale. If you are interested, msg me. I will put them up on the classified as soon as I take the tires off. After: Enkei Tuning Fujin
  9. B

Alignment advice needed! Cambers out of whack! Due to lack of hub centric rings?

The last shop that did my alignments claimed that the cambers are non-adjustable. They left my car with: -1.1° Left Front Camber -1.6° Right Front Camber 7.9° Left Front Caster 7.2° Right Front Caster 0.09° Left Front Toe 0.07° Right Front Toe -2.4° Left Rear Camber -2.0° Right Rear Camber...
  10. B

My front leveler arm is missing.

I couldn't find it for the life of me. I looked around the driver side and it's not there. It's there on the rear but not the front.
  11. B

I love my CruiseCam :)

I just picked it up today. I tested it out with my Panasonic camera and I think it turned out well. I'm not sure if I should get GoPro, though. I can't wait to take it to the track this November in Summit Point! :happyanim: MvL6jb0xwnQ RPGorTeqh7c
  12. B

Front brake calipers paint is fading

Does anyone have this problem? They look pink on mine. The rear brake calipers are still bright red. It looks like now I have mismatched brake calipers.
  13. B

New Rule

Your car is not tuned until your car is K04. Now, save up and get it. :thumbup:
  14. B

Summing up VW Scheduled Maintenance

Please correct me if I miss something. This is from the handbook. Every 10,000 miles: Change oil and oil filter Rotate tires Inspect brakes Every 20,000 miles: Replace fuel filter (TDI only) Replace cabin filter Every 40,000 miles: Transmission fluid and filter (DSG only) Every 60,000 miles...
  15. B

APR K04/SouthBend Clutch/WaveTrac LSD Installed & First Impressions

SouthBend Stage 2 Clutch Endurance and WaveTrac LSD Dropped tranny Opened tranny The ring gear is riveted from factory. It has to be drilled out. Ready for LSD, awaiting shims. K04 installed. The clutch has to be broken in for 500 miles. I've been only driving for 100 miles and I've...
  16. B

How much did you pay for clutch/LSD installation?

The shops around me are quoting me between $1100 and $1300 in labor costs. That seems like high. How much are you paying for yours?
  17. B

Shop asking $1200-$1300 for clutch/lsd install

Ugh. Is there anyone who will install for cheaper in Southern Maryland area? I can drive a little further.
  18. B

Clutch slipped then stopped

Has it happened to anyone? The clutch slipped one day and then stopped the next day no matter how hard I tried to make it slip. I ordered South Bend Stage 2 Endurance anyway since I was going to upgrade to K04. Has anyone experienced their clutch slipped and then stopped for some reason?
  19. B

DSG/MT Hybrid

The other day I was imagining how would it be much better if VW came up with a DSG/MT hybrid version. You would have your clutch pedal and everything. You still have your stick. The difference is you have a mode called "A" (for Auto) to engage in. It would be below the "R" and you would have to...
  20. B

Best price for LSD?

I'm looking at this Quaife that ECS is selling. It is for Golf V and it's cheaper than what they have for MKVI. I'm not sure what is the difference and why Quaife for Golf V is cheaper than Quaife for Golf VI. How does Quaife compare to Peloquin? If they are pretty much the same and Quaife is...