GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Coilpacks or Spark plugs?

For the second time in about 70,000 miles, it appears that my coilpacks / spark plugs have failed. Is there any way, using code reader, that I can find out if it was the coilpack or the spark plug itself? I am pretty close to ordering a 4 pack of those Audi R8 coilpacks with spark plugs, but...
  2. A

P2015, done the research, but what next?

I have a P2015 code. I've searched about the google's and I tried checking the connections, motor, motor-arm thingy, and all looks good, but I still have the code and I have the symptoms (rough idle, random losses of power, rough start) However, my car has 62,000. 2,000 miles outside of power...
  3. A

Ignition coil blues

Had my first ignition coil go bad in my 2010 2.0T GTI, cylinder 2 got it replaced along with 4 new spark plugs for good measure. 2 days later, ignition coil 4 went bad. Is this par for the course or is my mechanic bad/ screwing me Edit - should point out that mechanic is going to be...
  4. A

My car is out of warranty and my door is falling off.

I dont know how else to plainly state it. My car has 41,000 miles, is about 2 years old, and my passenger side door bolts are loose. You can feel it when you close the door, and you can hear it when you drive anywhere! This is not the "door clatter" that people have complained about, this is...
  5. A

NoVA/DC area FS: 2010 Stage II GTI

Title says it: Selling my 2010 6speed Carbonsteel Grey GTI. 38,000mi Sunroof, cloth seats, APR RSC Stage II Turboback, APR Stage 1 intake with Stage 2 intake included but not installed. Car also comes with stock exhaust system if you want it. Also included 4x brand new snow tires and...
  6. A

For Sale: Washington DC area: Complete Turboback APR RSC exhaust

mk6 GTI CBFA 2010, APR RSC Turboback exhaust. w/ High flow CAT About 10,000 Miles on it. Enjoyable and fast, just considering selling the car and want to revert it back to stock. looking in the neighborhood of $800-1000 PM if you're interested
  7. A

Clutch slipping or clutch glazing?

I've never heard this term glazing before, but ive started to pick it up on the forums that our clutches are succeptable to this? at 17k miles or so my clutch started slipping (WoT on 4th / 5th gear would cause the RPMs to jump from 3-4k RPM without movement speed) Now at 20k miles it seems...
  8. A

Labor rate for clutch installation?

Well, i'm eating my words, and at about 19k miles (12k with stage2) my clutch slips at WOT in 2nd - 5th Going to order the stage 3 clutch recommended on the forums that is supposedly a drop in + pressure plate reset. my question is this: my local shop tried to quote me at 10 hours of labor, i...
  9. A

Throttle-Body software upgrade..

Took my '10 in for 20,000 mile maintenance yesterday and they claimed that the had to upgrade my software for a throttle body adjustment. However... When i got back to the car and tested my unlock code and maps, it worked. I can still switch between 3 programs, should this be the case? Do i...
  10. A

A few questions that have popped into my head:

1st) Why all the hate on cruise control? Is there actually a negative side effect on the engine (ie, running too rich or too lean), or is this just something that people avoid because it encourages lazy driving? Could the cruise control effects be more of a historical thing, and not apply to...
  11. A

door key cylinder, how i hate thee

I despise the fact that our MK6's cover the door key lock cylinder. I was wondering if there are any mods or initiatives out there to raise it from its position so that it could be integrated into the bezel of the door handle, like older models? I also think its kind of a ploy to keep us...
  12. A

Deer =x

Hooo boy, hit a deer last night. :fighting0030: Of all the possible scenarios it was about as good as could get. Deer wasnt injured, car has a tiny blemish in the form of a non scratched dent directly above the driver side rear wheel...but there is a small thumping sound coming from what...
  13. A

APR Stage 2 + RSC Exhaust, initial impressions

Lets see... how do i say this... LOVE IT Drivability wise, the car is definitely peppier and faster throughout the power band, but the real treat is the sound. Let me be clear, the advertisements which say no drone are absolutely accurate, the exhaust is nigh silent when your travelling at...
  14. A

Impulse got the best of me...

Ordered my RSC TBE, getting it installed at 1030am on thursday! will post impressions upon retrieval..
  15. A

DIY mechanic shop

http://www.ditymechanics.com/ What do you guys think of this? Would anyone be interested in doing some group self installs? I am mechanically inclined, but i am also a little paranoid of messing up.
  16. A

Stage 1 + Intake mk6 vs 2004 r32 (not sure on mod lvl)

Had a fortuitous incident on Friday driving back to work from my lunch break in ashburn, VA. Saw a beautiful DBP R32 about a half mile ahead of me, so i skipped my turn and followed for a bit... Wouldnt you know it, we ended up at a red light and got to talking, decided to have a little...
  17. A

Intake here!

Self installed my carbonio intake, hardest part was the spring clamp, that took about an hour, besides that the rest was about 30 mins.. first impression driving it 5-10 mins: its smoother for sure, but it doesnt seem more powerful? Still cant get the traction control to blink in 2nd, but i...
  18. A

Vacuum hose for Forge DV

Sooo ive traced the vacuum hose back to its location from the DV to the engine. My question is: is the area where the vacuum hose is connected part of the car? do i need to cap it? or is it removable. It looked like it was made from newer / different plastic, so my guess is that it should be...
  19. A

Why would my car pull harder in 6th than 5th?

Experienced This on the highway today: 70mph, 6th gear pulls harder than 5th gear, RPMs in 5th gear at that point are still around 4400, so it should be peak HP range. I r confused? Confirmed results with MFD MPH reader.
  20. A

FAT dash!

Does anyone else feel like the "Default" driver seat position in the GTI is very low? On the one hand, it gives it a very sports car like feel , but on the other hand, i feel like the dash impedes my vision of the road because of how fat it is. When i first owned the car, i sprung the driver...