GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. johnny_p

Warranty coverage on coolant system. Your experiences?

Today my low coolant light came on with a loud beep and red flashing lights. Turns out the coolant reservoir was almost dry. I topped it off so I could get to work, but I seriously doubt that it will just go away. I've been through a water pump replacement before and it was a painless...
  2. johnny_p

Veil lifted on 2016 Tacoma

No engine details just yet, but here's what the thing will look like: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/07/2016-toyota-tacoma-photos/ No interior or engine details yet. But clearly this is just a facelift. I understand why, but damn this truck is from 2005 without a major frame or...
  3. johnny_p

City cars

For the last 12 years I've been living either in or on the outskirts of the 5th largest city in the US, Philadelphia. I love this city. From its pivotal role in the history of the country to its immense and extremely diverse culture there's a lot to love about this place. Live country music...
  4. johnny_p

2015 F-150 goes on diet... loses 700 pounds

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/13/2015-ford-f-150-debuts-aluminum-2-7-ecoboost/#continued http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/13/2015-ford-f-150-detroit-2014/ Wow. That's a hell of a diet.
  5. johnny_p

2015 Chevy Colorado Released - LA Auto Show

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/2015-chevrolet-colorado-la-2013/ Nice. Good engine choices. Good size. Supposedly the frame is 40% lighter than the Silverado one its based on, and the truck is 900 lbs lighter than the Silverado. The body is specific to NA. Diesel in the works. WIN.
  6. johnny_p

WTB: (1) 17" Denver Wheel

WTB: (2) 17" Denver Wheels Looking for TWO Denver wheels to replace bent ones on my GTI. No bends, no curb rash. Small nicks OK, doesn't have to be 10/10 condition. I'll entertain a full set if two are in pretty good condition with no bends or rash. No tire or TPMS needed. Willing to pick up...
  7. johnny_p

Philly Repair Shops

I personally am not interested in taking my car to the dealership any more due to them rejecting a repair to my control arm bushings, and setting me up with a shitty alignment that is causing extreme tire wear. Does anyone have a recommendation for an indie shop in the Philly area that could...
  8. johnny_p

Windshield wiper motor... am I being paranoid?

My car hasn't exactly been reliable. Now that its out of warranty, anything that could be a potential issue is making me paranoid. Anyways, here is what is happening. About a week ago I noticed my wipers were skipping across the windshield. Funny, I just replaced them with OEM blades about 2...
  9. johnny_p

I'm losing my patience with my GTI

So on Friday coming home from work, I get a flat. Thanks to my awesome VW service department, I was actually able to change it on the side of the road (they didn't gun on the wheels, they were torqued properly). Saturday I show up and the dealership gives me a whole new tire covered by road...
  10. johnny_p

The GTI finally loses a comparo: Motor Trend $28k bang for the buck

Well I guess it didn't come in dead last. And it is a bit out of place in this comparison as the sole front drive vehicle. I think its a compliment to include it actually. But regardless. 6. Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 5. Volkswagen GTI 4. Ford Mustang V-6 3. Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand...
  11. johnny_p

Twisties in Southeastern PA - SR-82

Today I had off work, and decided that since I had nothing better to do, I would check out some of the windy, twisty roads that Southeast PA / Northern Delaware have to offer. Here was the route I took: Map I started in West Chester, PA on Route 824 with a cop tailing me. Great, no fun. Well...
  12. johnny_p

2012 Jetta SE - My Thoughts

Today I brought the GTI in for its 20k service. I got to the dealership late, disheveled from a long, tiring day at work. I had traveled out of my way through an hour of rush hour bumper to bumper traffic to get to this specific dealership, and I was exhausted. When the rental came around it...
  13. johnny_p

How I spent my Saturday - PA 125

This past Saturday a few friends and I met up at local cars and coffee meet. We met a few other people there and headed out to find the best twisty roads in PA. We left cars and coffee with the following crew: -Lotus Elise (leader) -A VERY heavily modified Lotus Elan -Porsche Boxster Spyder...
  14. johnny_p

Windshield scratches - repair options?

So I just noticed this, and I have no idea how long it has been like this... but I have a bunch of horizontal scratches on my windshield. If I had to guess I'd say they were from scraping ice, or possibly a gas station squeegee some time ago. It ticks me off because I'm using the same ice...
  15. johnny_p

Getting ESP light to stay solid

I was a bit unsure where to put this thread, but here goes. I'm looking for a way to stop the ESP light from flashing in the instrument cluster when its "disabled." I don't care if its actually still on, and that's not the intent of this thread. I actually like that its always on. I'd just...
  16. johnny_p

ABS randomly kicks on?

Hi guys. I searched a bit but I didn't see any threads on this topic. I have a manual trans 2010 GTI, just over 2k miles on it. Its happened 3 times now, where I'm on the highway going about 65 MPH or so going around a bend, and the ABS will kick on. -First time, I just noticed the steering...