GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Advise appreciated regarding item in air intake...

So when I was in the process of prepping my car for winter storage in the fall, one of the thing I decided to do was fog the engine. This is the first winter I have stored my car and also fogging. My Dad was helpful enough to allow me to store my car at this house and assisted with putting it...
  2. C

Dealership F*ck up. Advise appreciated!

OK, so I will preface this with the disclaimer that despite my overall interest in cars I will be the first to admit I am not mechanically inclined at all. While I know it is important to be familiar and understand how various major components function, I am definitely lacking on this type of...
  3. C

FS: Brand new Trunk Tray - in box $140 shipped

Tray is in new condition as I purchased it and then never ended up ever using it. Figured I might as well pass it along to someone who would actually get some use out of it. Feel price if quite fair given the relative scarcity of this part and the fact it is brand new. Price as quoted...
  4. C

Help appreciated diagnosing issue...

So I noticed the other day while driving that when I turn the wheel to the left from a straight position there seems to be a noticeable rubbing/slight scrapping or grinding noise. The problem only seems to be related to left hand turns - driving straight or turning right does not produce the...
  5. C

Need assistance re: 18" stock Pirelli P-Zero and Hankook Ventus v12

So as summer approaches yet again I am in need of replacing my stock Pirelli P-Zero's and am strongly considering the Hankook Ventus v12's. My question pertains more to visual/dimensions between the two. Specifically, I like the "low profile" look of the Pirellis and am wondering if the...
  6. C

New BMW 3 err 4 series coupe

Simply stunning - do want!!!!
  7. C

Cars broken into and sat nav screen damaged

So I was staying at a friends last night - they live in a fairly nice rather secluded subdivision. I went out to retrieve my bag before I went to bed and because they had already gone to sleep and their window was open and right above the driveway I decided not to lock the car so as not to wake...
  8. C

Interesting WIFI network names (SSID)

^ :) "Look Ran, I'm mowing the air!"
  9. C

Passed my first Volt today.

I too saw my first Volt today. Not too sure if it was the same one, but I was reading not too long ago about the first Volt in Canada being sold to a local resident (in Ottawa) who put his deposit down I believe 5 years ago. Was black and looked pretty good actually. Vanity plate read PLUGS IN
  10. C

VW website updated

I was just browsing VW's website and noticed its now updated to show the Golf R (Canadian site anyway) http://www.vw.ca/en/models/golf_r_2013.html Still pretty limited at this point though - only shows price, advertises that indeed it is coming, and allows you to submit contact info.
  11. C

2012 Benz B-class

Believe it or not, it actually looks better than the current model! lol
  12. C

Top Gear 7/3/10 - Hot Hatch Segment

Yeah I caught the episode. Was a little surprised to see they didn't include it as they have always raved about the GTI being the original and best all around "hot hatch". Seemed like the cars they reviewed (Fiat arbath, Citroën DS3 Racing , and Renaultsport Clio) were all fairly small and...
  13. C

Whats a gangster/drug dealer "looking" car?

I think Al would have stuck more to the domestics - Ford, Chevy, Plymouth, Packards, Lincolns and of course, Cadillac. Pretty sick car regardless...pure British
  14. C

Whats a gangster/drug dealer "looking" car?

Seems like something you'd expect to see Cruella DeVille driving
  15. C

Got chipped yesterday - not the fun kind

So yesterday while driving a stone was kicked up by the vehicle in front of me and hit my windshield on the passenger side about an inch from the top of the glass causing an chip as well as an instant 3 inch crack that quickly grew to about 6 inches. Needless to say I was pissed/bummed as this...
  16. C

new beetle...wow!

They are clearly not in the interior shots in the gallery on their site here http://www.vw.ca/ca/en_ca/new_models/2012beetle/signup.html Wouldn't be surprised if you found them shown somewhere else though, the site often shows shots of various models mislabeled or from other markets
  17. C

new beetle...wow!

The VW Canada site doesnt show those gauges in their interior shot....hmm
  18. C

New Beetle Video

I think it looks pretty good - they did an awesome job on the interior
  19. C

Bad day for my pee pee

OMG
  20. C

Bugatti 16C Galibier set for production!

Agreed. Those headlights are stunningly beautiful!