GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. kennega

Basement Clean-out - Free for pickup only (Boston)

Free to anyone who can pick up in the Boston area. - Ed's side skirts - unpainted - Stock tail lights (< 5k of weather on them) - Stock turbo/manifold (<3k on it) - Stock 17" (Denvers?) with winter tires (~10k on them) Feel free to send me a PM - thanks!
  2. kennega

Free stuff in MA

2010 (CBFA) stock parts: tail lights turbo and manifold full exhaust intercooler Less than 3k on everything. I've also got a pair of unpainted Ed's skirts, $50 takes them. I'm in Natick. Thanks!
  3. kennega

Feeler: 35 Edition front bumper, unpainted

tl;dr - I have an unpainted, still wrapped 35 Edition front bumper that I ordered from ECS a few years back and never mounted, and since then the car has moved on in life! Doing some spring cleaning and the wife has asked why a bumper for a car we don't own is still in the garage, so off to the...
  4. kennega

RLS Coding Notes

So after getting the Auto switch and rain light sensor installed via the retrofit guide, the last piece was that the Auto function was not working for headlights. Basically with the switch in the Auto position, the headlights were on 24/7. I verified that the OFF/ON signals were being passed...
  5. kennega

Boost Sender Q

So this is what I see when my car is switched on without engine running; I should be at 0, correct? Don't know if there's a way to recalibrate this thing or not. It would explain why I see vac at -26 and max boost at 15 :)
  6. kennega

Argh, why do people steal valve stem caps?

I'm missing those too. Both went missing on the same drive and I chalked it up to them just falling out, but another part of me wouldn't be shocked if they got nicked. People fucking suck.
  7. kennega

Argh, why do people steal valve stem caps?

On my wife's T-reg, I notice yesterday someone nicked two (just the front) of the valve stem covers that say "N2" on them. Why? Argh. /rant
  8. kennega

RLS retrofit - need thoughts

So I'm hard at work on this stupid dot. This is what I've got so far for work, I cannot figure out if there are remnants of the dot still there, if I need to re-sand this (320-400-600-1000-1500-2000) or just polish more? Thoughts and advice welcome. Fwiw, aircraft remover doesn't do anything to...
  9. kennega

removing rear view mirror mounting dot

Has anyone done the rain sensor retrofit and attempted to use something like aircraft remover for removing the dot? I'm wondering if it'll ease the removal as opposed to sanding, scraping and using an angle grinder. Just curious, thanks!
  10. kennega

Plasti dip on 18" OZ Superturismo

So i picked up a set of OZ SuperT's on the cheap and wanted to test out how they would look dipped. The clear coat was peeling off on two of the wheels so I started there. Given how they look "finished", I'll probably take them down to base, strip the test of the clear coat from the two affected...
  11. kennega

FS: BSH Catch Can

Sold: BSH Catch Can Sold!
  12. kennega

OZ 45th Anniversary Wheels

OZ 45th Anniversary on TireRack I've got to be honest.. I don't hate them. Wondering if I should mix it up from what I've got now.
  13. kennega

Upper Timing Cover removal

Does this guy need to come out? Or just wedge and pry until the cover pops off?
  14. kennega

Compression Spec #'s - anyone have handy?

Compression testing the motor this week, looks as if cam chain tensioner went south. Not sure if anyone has the within-spec numbers handy? Thanks.
  15. kennega

VCDS - "Error Group Not Available" + low RPM misfire

Looking for some guidance here. I've been getting some low RPM misfires, and while trying to do some data logging with VCDS, after 10-20 seconds of a logging block being open, it will go red with "Error: Group XXX not available". If I close the Measuring Blocks and re-open, I can bring up the...
  16. kennega

Well, this graph doesn't look fun.

Replaced the o-ring at the turbo outlet pipe, the old one was shredded, and upgraded a couple of worm clamps to t-bolts. Time to check the lines at the turbo now I guess. Any Stage 3/3+ owners with 115 and 002 logs I can compare to? How often are people seeing their DV or PCV sh*t the bed? The...
  17. kennega

Water really killing the rear O2?

Is the prevailing wisdom that the condensation/water in the exhaust that is resting in people's J-spacers are killing oxygen sensors? This likely appears to be the second sensor in five months that I'll need to replace - I've angled my J-spacers and reset codes, only for the following to...
  18. kennega

Horn Replacement Q

For anyone who has replaced their stock horns with an aftermarket option - did you just cut the existing wiring and add spade connectors? To "fit" I think I am going to have to cut and lengthen the wiring anyway. If anyone needs a photo of what I'm talking about, let me know. They're Hella...
  19. kennega

Hatch Cargo Cover Lift Strap/Attach Points

So other than my straps being broken, the attachment point on the trunk itself is snapped off on both sides. Have people repaired these? Thanks.
  20. kennega

Corroded radiator end tanks?

Just curious if that would be the consensus here, or if this is dried coolant dripping from a source higher in the engine. Have noticed a drop of coolant on the garage floor every few days, but nothing with regularity. Coolant expansion tank is slightly above minimum after topping off six months...